What did you do to your V11 today?

Scud

12 minutes ago, Guzzimax said:

That’s one monster rack mounted luggage system. Ventura ?

Oi, there are logical reasons for a monster rack on a Rosso Mandello . . .

E6616A56-ED9B-4CE9-8264-BC42A3D399A5.jpeg

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Guzzimax said:

That’s one monster rack mounted luggage system. Ventura ?

It’s a Ventura, high quality L- bracket system. I have two sizes(they make many sizes) of bags to choose from, a 27L and the infamous steamer trunk expandable to 60L that I had at SSR 22”. I might as well wore the cone of shame until I it came in handy on a validating tech sessions beer run. :bier:

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, docc said:

Oi, there are logical reasons for a monster rack on a Rosso Mandello . . .

E6616A56-ED9B-4CE9-8264-BC42A3D399A5.jpeg

Yes, you could put that in there. You could also put beer in there. :bier:   :grin:

Ok, I'm being a snob, but hey, I live in Germany... :huh2:

Shortly after I bought my first Kawasaki 1000 GTR, I went shopping with it. That taught me the value of the panniers on that bike.

I loaded up 6 bottles of beer (half-litre, as they generally are in Germany...), two deep-frozen pizzas, and a bottle of white wine for the missus.

In one of the panniers. B)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, audiomick said:

Yes, you could put that in there. You could also put beer in there. :bier:   :grin:

Shortly after I bought my first Kawasaki 1000 GTR, I went shopping with it. That taught me the value of the panniers on that bike.

I loaded up 6 bottles of beer (half-litre, as they generally are in Germany...), two deep-frozen pizzas, and a bottle of white wine for the missus.

Audiomick, that was a late run to the gas station for beer run. Mind you that any real selection is 45 minute ride from Tellico Plains. Since it was happy hour, I choose Corona as the most premium found in that Shell gas station “beer walk-in cooler”. I.E. selection was nada, zilch.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, audiomick said:

26 minutes ago, Joe said:

Audiomick, that was a late run to the gas station for beer run. Mind you that any real selection is 45 minute ride from Tellico Plains. Since it was happy hour, I choose Corona as the most premium found in that Shell gas station “beer walk-in cooler”. I.E. selection was nada, zilch.

+1 on @Joe's beer run .

@audiomick now has a formal invitation to the various South'n SpineRaids. :sun:

Looking forward to sampling the contents of those gracious panniers . . . :bier:

B-double-E /double-R-you-in?  BeerRun!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Joe said:

Audiomick, that was a late run to the gas station for beer.

Ahh, yes. Sometimes one just hast to make do with what one can get. :huh2:

12 hours ago, docc said:

@audiomick now has a formal invitation to the various South'n SpineRaids.

Well I do fell honoured. :)

Unlikely that a GTR 1000 will play a part though. I crashed the first one, and am trying to sell the one I have now.

The V11 has ursurped the GTRs position. B)

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Dave Swanson said:

Readying the V11 for brake fluid flush.  They clutch bleeder is always the fun part.

IMG-0227-2.jpg

I hate bleeding brakes and clutch. Even with an Ezibleeder kit I can’t seem to get all the air out. Usually end up with the brake lever spongier than the wife’s home made cakes 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I have never had a problem bleeding any hydraulic lines on anything that was not malfunctioning or leaking in some way.

While doing the job I try to keep my head wrapped around the physics of it and employ consistency and patience. I'm not afraid to use a LOT of fluid to insure a fully refreshed system. Even (and especially) the clutch. Yes I over-do it. I over-do most jobs, it makes me calm, what can I say? I was educated working on vintage bikes with water in reservoirs and mashed potatoes in the calipers.

I tried a vacuum bleeder on my BMW that had an ABS system.  Having to bleed the abs unit and the slaves I figured I needed it. I ended up trashing the vacuum kit and finished the traditional way.

The clutch presents a challenge because of less "push back" or resistance. It takes more patience and finesse. Get comfortable and watch the tube. It's a different flow.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...