What did you do to your V11 today?

Scud

After a long winter and getting heads rebuilt I finally got my Norge to start! Not too impressive yet but we still have 3 feet of snow on the ground. Should be able to ride it next month.

IMG_3769-600x400.jpg

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Joe said:

...ran like a scalded dog

Is that faster than a cut cat? B)

Looks like you had brilliant weather for it. It's getting better here, but today back down below 10°C, and there was a sleet shower about half an hour ago. :(

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, audiomick said:

Is that faster than a cut cat? B)

Looks like you had brilliant weather for it. It's getting better here, but today back down below 10°C, and there was a sleet shower about half an hour ago. :(

The Mivv's without the DB silencers have a loud bark especially in engine braking. 

I did some maintenance on my 2001 V11 sport today. I pulled the rear drive off to inspect bearings for the most part and found the (outboard?) needle bearing was in need of attention. It was full of rock hard, dried up grease. It’s  grease seal was also in bad shape.  I don’t believe it has worked as a roller bearing for years. I disassembled it and cleaned it, repacked it with grease, and put it back into service but I’ll be ordering a new bearing for later. I replaced the wheel bearings as well. Easy task once you have the wheel off ! The front wheel bearings failed years ago so I suspected the rears needed replacement by now, 49,000 miles. Otherwise the rear drive felt nice, looked nice. 
On a lighter note, If anyone is need of a wheel bearing while traveling through Kentucky, I’ve got your back. 
I have extras 😜

FFBFADC0-1AB4-49D3-8019-54708A67823D.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

Well here is my personal review of the MIVV cans on a V11 sport. 
The MIVVs sound amazing. 
They make the V11 sound exactly what I always wished it would sound like ! Very vocal yes, they talk the talk yet at highway cruising speeds they mind their manors.  
And the tone is so nice. I’ve had riding buddy’s comment that they sound almost like a musical instrument. The style, build quality, and price are all “on point”.

I love um. 

67D3C895-FB81-49D7-B628-C18E5314196A.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 3/27/2023 at 6:01 PM, kalev11 said:

I did some maintenance on my 2001 V11 sport today. I pulled the rear drive off to inspect bearings for the most part and found the (outboard?) needle bearing was in need of attention. It was full of rock hard, dried up grease. It’s  grease seal was also in bad shape.  I don’t believe it has worked as a roller bearing for years. I disassembled it and cleaned it, repacked it with grease, and put it back into service but I’ll be ordering a new bearing for later. I replaced the wheel bearings as well. Easy task once you have the wheel off ! The front wheel bearings failed years ago so I suspected the rears needed replacement by now, 49,000 miles. Otherwise the rear drive felt nice, looked nice. 
On a lighter note, If anyone is need of a wheel bearing while traveling through Kentucky, I’ve got your back. 
I have extras 😜

FFBFADC0-1AB4-49D3-8019-54708A67823D.jpeg

48 of them ?

I tried to install a metal core cam chain cover gasket but the gasket doesn't fit very well so back to the drawing board.

2 minutes ago, guzziart said:

I tried to install a metal core cam chain cover gasket but the gasket doesn't fit very well so back to the drawing board.

I've never had to do it myself & thought it wouldn't apply to metal core gaskets,,,but,,,

I've read that sometimes gaskets will dry and shrink,,,soaking them in water for a while apparently returns them to their original size,easing installation

fwiw idk

I agree with the a/m posts on fitting gaskets,I'm just throwing ideas out there;I'm surprised that a metal core gasket isn't fitting

Iirc all timing chest gaskets were standard across all model lines,I would've assumed that a metal core gasket should be of a higher quality,manufactured to a higher standard?

I don't recall,but they are symmetrical aren't they, ie.the holes are a mirror image from side to side,frontwards/backwards it wouldn't matter on installation?

fwiw idk

After spending all of March away overseas on a combination of business travel & vacation, I managed to ride a V11 for the first time this year today, and a cold but sunny early Spring day. Alas, having parked to get a coffee & some bacon sandwiches 🥪 :), we were ambushed by this bunch of scurvy desperados

BFC4D42C-9DFE-4397-8A04-5CF177969815.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Well I did this color change with a spare set of valve covers. I like it… what about y’all. 

AA246760-4ACB-4766-9834-A9A0923A091A.jpeg

65525797-3372-4CD4-8FBC-052CB182AB7F.jpeg

46342798-570A-40A1-B39A-A0D85DCB65F4.jpeg

• Like 10