What did you do to your V11 today?

Scud

Giving the cafe sport a bit of love, been languishing in the garage since before covid 😳. Re insure it this week take it for its MOT, once it’s passed that get road tax and see what the summer holds for us. 😎🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

• Like 4

Is that fastener a practical joke for new Guzzi owners, or an upgrade to prvent the filter from loosening?

A quick oil change turned into a pita and lots of oil every where.

Screenshot_20230512_165423_Gallery.jpg

43 minutes ago, Martijn851 said:

Is that fastener a practical joke for new Guzzi owners, or an upgrade to prvent the filter from loosening?

There were reports of early filters coming loose with catastrophic outcomes. This could have been some faulty UFI gaskets, perhaps improper installation (the old "hand tight" oil filter DOES NOT apply to the V11). Some owners decided to add the hose clamp as a stop to prevent the filter loosening. Obviously, the sump then has to be removed to change the filter. Others of us followed some sage advice from testing carried out by member Ryland3210 and turn the filter one-and-one-eighth turns past gasket contact. Lots of us quit using UFI filters, as well . .

Changing oil on a V11 I did not know, the owner marveled that I used a flashlight and a dental mirror to inspect for the possibility of a clamp on the filter . . .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Martijn851 said:

Been there , done that !

• Haha 1

Well not today but took the bike into work on Friday and to see Dad on Saturday.

I've been riding as much as I can of late after she sat for 6 x weeks and have had the odd issue with starting ever since.She would fire up and run with no issues but when I stopped for gas or whatever she wouldn't fire up again without toggling the kill switch a few times and bingo she'd fire straightaway!

So after searching the forum decided to pull the relays give them a clean/ blow some air round the base and put em back this issue is gone now. Yay!

I also discovered my right hand throttle body is cracked after she was a bit flat when I'd grab a big dose of throttle and generally felt not quite right so taped up the crack and she's fine in that regard now.However I did notice after HEAVY traffic on the way home from Dad's yesterday that she's started to stumble at idle.She won't stall but just stumbles! After clearing the traffic and back on open road then stopping... no such stumbling at idle. So I suspect a new set of TB rubbers are due next service!

Heh he after a few Italian tune ups both days I gotta say I'm still enjoying the wee glow of satisfaction from 2 x bloody good rides where both me and bike were in synch and nailed it!

Gee is that a thing... a V11 glow?

I was certainly still glowing at wine o clock.

Cheers 

Ps Oh also added another couple of clicks of rebound to rear shock and I reckon she's even better again!

World Superbike highlights are about to start and after that it'll be wine o clock and time to glow again about those rides!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, guzzler said:

Gee is that a thing... a V11 glow?

It absolutely is. I feel it every time I ride it. Unusual and unique. No other bike creates the same feel. I don't know what the 'best' bike in the world is, but none I've ridden pull together as many sensory notes quite the same.

so "glow" works

• Like 5

Aren't there supposed to be 2 lines coming from the tank, breather and overflow?

Screenshot_20230515_175354_Gallery.jpg

Correct. Two nipples under the tank. Seems like some regions the vent was left open to atmosphere?

• Thanks 1

Aren't there supposed to be 2 lines coming from the tank, breather and overflow?

Some people (including me) connect both nipples with a tee to a single drain line.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Checked the valve clearance and adjusted them, in .17 and .20, out .18 and .21.

Now in .10, out .15 like in the manuel, also changed the valve covers to something less orange. 

Screenshot_20230519_190316_Gallery.jpg

• Like 2
  • Sad 1