What did you do to your V11 today?

Scud

On the bike I still have I used copper plumbing bends and =can't recall what type hose= but it has lasted awhile now. Use your best judgement on what will tolerate oil. Many say don't use auto heater hose. I made mine when those preformed replacements were $40.+

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Gives you a reason for taking the tank of  :rasta: :luigi: ,  cleaning and going over.

Cheers Tom.

Yes. As I mentioned further up, that is the plan of the moment.

In fact I was in the garage today, and all set to try out the procedure with pumping the tank empty using Guzzidiag to activate the pump. I have the connectors and some fuel line to plug onto the fuel pump. For anyone who doesn't know: unplug the power to the fuel pump and start the bike. Let it run until it runs out fuel. There is then no more pressure in the fuel lines, and they are easy to disconnect. Pull the fuel lines off, and plug on a bit of fuel line with a connector, start Guzzidiag and activate the fuel pump to empty the tank. Catch the fuel in a fuel canister. It was expensive to buy, and makes a mess on the garage floor. :whistle:

Problem was, the laptop that I have prepared for Guzzidiag exploits froze up when I started it in the garage. I think it probably tried to run an update when I started it. Whatever, it didn't react to the touchpad, and I had to force a shutdown. When I started it later at home, everything worked. I hate Windows. B)

Having failed to achieve that, I greased the sidestand to make myself feel better, and poked around and looked at few things. I'm even more convinced now that the oil leak is coming out of the breather hose. All very oily there. :)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Martijn851 said:

The last optical upgrade added.

Screenshot_20230526_115836_Gallery.jpg

Where did you get that side cover? One of mine is cracked and would love to find replacements. 

10 hours ago, activpop said:

... that side cover?...

9 hours ago, Martijn851 said:

.... maybe still available?

For purely selfish reasons I went off and had a bit of a look.

It seems that both Wendel and Stein Dinse have something on offer.

https://wendelmotorraeder.de/rear-fender-v11-02-le-mansskura-ex-30_3006_300602_30060203_3006020310_300602031009.html

https://www.stein-dinse.biz/etkataloge/etkataloge.php?l=en&h=MG&m=220&t=5367

Perhaps it is worth checking out the "big" Guzzi places in the country you live in. It seems there are still replacements floating around. :huh2:

13 hours ago, audiomick said:

For purely selfish reasons I went off and had a bit of a look.

It seems that both Wendel and Stein Dinse have something on offer.

https://wendelmotorraeder.de/rear-fender-v11-02-le-mansskura-ex-30_3006_300602_30060203_3006020310_300602031009.html

https://www.stein-dinse.biz/etkataloge/etkataloge.php?l=en&h=MG&m=220&t=5367

Perhaps it is worth checking out the "big" Guzzi places in the country you live in. It seems there are still replacements floating around. :huh2:

I have ordered from SD before. Good prices and fast service to the US. I'll check it out, thanks!

• Like 1

Today: Insured, titled, and registered champagne V11LM.  Yesterday:  Took it around neighborhood to see if it runs and if it's worth paying the taxes and fees to get plate.  Still undecided.

Been incommunicado (work got me down, and other priorities) for the better part of a year.  January 2022, I bought a fairly rough V11 from Ohio; figured I'd keep a spare V11 around as a parts bike in case I ever need to scavenge for the Tenni.  Took stock of what I had bought (sight unseen) -- a well-used and grungy bike -- and started into cleaning and sorting.  Last spring was back end (stripped and painted final drive housing, among other things).  Haven't yet tackled the front.

I had been discouraged that I was going to have to rebuild throttle bodies, as I had seen fuel dripping from the R body after a start in my driveway.  However, I read here that sometimes a start up with quick shut off can result in back pressure that forces fuel out of the body.  Yesterday, two shut downs, no leak -- no fuel dripping on exhaust header:rasta:

A couple issues:  Sounds like a box of rocks at idle, but some throttle input settles it into a reasonably quiet rhythm.  The Tenni isn't exactly the picture of smooth at idle, either, so I don't make too much of this, though it does seem a bit noisier.  After a good warm up and a mile or two of 25 mph neighborhood roads, I shut 'er down.  For a minute or so after shut down, the engine and/or transmission made some "tinking" noises.  I imagine some of that is completely normal noise of expansion/contraction, but I wonder too if that could mean some internal condensation (bike has been sitting in a laundry room or garage without being run for the better part of a year and a half).

I have not done anything to the front end, yet, other than check engine and gear oil.  Engine oil looks pretty fresh and level is good.  There's a good bit of oil on the engine block -- particularly the left hand side -- which I'm hoping is just breather spray and 40K+ miles without a bath.  Not a drop of oil on the driveway or garage floor.  I will change oil, filter, and sump gasket; drain and refill gear oil, check valve tolerances, and give a reasonably thorough scrub in coming days.

But first, a bit longer of a ride tomorrow to see how she fares. 

Known issues:  Bitubo steering damper leaking oil. Engine side tach bevel gear held together with a green twist tie.  L bar end comes awfully close to L side of tank, so that hand is pinched at full lock (easy fix, but it can wait).

Other note:  Started up easily enough (big fan of Odyssey batteries), but I didn't notice that there was much difference at all with enrichment all the way on (it's fairly obvious on the Tenni).

Happy to hear suggestions.  Thanks!

Frey

• Like 5

20 hours ago, FreyZI said:

But first, a bit longer of a ride tomorrow to see how she fares. 

Had the longer ride today.  About 25 miles this morning to work site and the long way home, probably 40 miles.  Aquitted itself reasonably well over a mix of interstate and highway -- some long, straight stretches and some sweepers.  I built enough confidence in the bike to foray into triple digit speeds.  From the cockpit, it looks and feels an awful lot like the Tenni.  I'd have to do a back-to-back ride to get a better sense of the differences, but my impression is that the Tenni (equipped with PC3 and open air box) has a little more poke at the top end.  I also don't have the lovely 'induction' noise of the Tenni.  The champagne, in neutral, clutch all out, clatters like crazy.  Clutch pulled in, or in gear, or with revs, the noise goes away.  I'm sure there are a few threads within discussing the rattletrap noise in N without clutch.  The idle is quite low, so the bike vibrates to the point of worthless mirrors and the sense that the engine will cut out momentarily (though it chuffs along just above flat line).  And I noticed zero difference with enrichment control. 

One other interesting note.  Bike wouldn't start a couple times.  I did a number of things: key off/on, kickstand up/down, neutral in/out.  A little general fiddling and fuel pump primed and bike started right up.  I think I've figured out that if I simply press the off switch firmly, the start button works properly. 

Filled with 93 octane.  What do you all use?  I'll search the forum....

Tonight: cleaning up and prepping H&B big luggage rack for paint (question, perhaps better addressed in a different topic: do any other panniers work well (the side cases that came with the bike are serviceable, if worse for the wear).  This weekend:  Maintenance (oil, filters, etc.).  Monday: state-mandated inspection.

Cheers!

Frey

• Like 2

A triple-digit parts bike! :luigi::mg:

Know that the clutch/flywheel of your Tenni and the LeMans differ and the "clatter" with clutch action will be inverse . . .

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

This looks like a great place to share my daily adventures.

After a couple of wasted hours trying to remove the coils, I chose a task with less swearing.

Bit of red on the valve covers.

IMG_5758_0000.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, docc said:

A triple-digit parts bike! :luigi::mg:

~Indicated.  No idea what speedo error is. :ph34r: