What did you do to your V11 today?

Scud

6 hours ago, docc said:

My buzz-blocks are mounted inboard of the frame rails. The early rear fairing wings are enclosed and I don't know that there is space to mount outboard.

Are the later rear faring wings "hollow" with enough space to re-tighten connections as necessary?IMG_3349.jpg

Yep.  I really wanted to site mine ‘inboard’ but just could not wangle them in there.  With the bodywork in place i can just about poke a driver down to nip up if required.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, footgoose said:

oooo nice! i like the Mivvs too. wish i had a set

They’re the best sounding cans i’d say, if probably not the best looking… especially mine as the left one has crash rash 😠

• Like 2

Looks like there is an auxiliary forward panel mounted above the location of the "hugger." Is there another triangular panel mounted the area of the swingarm in front of the rear tire?

D43B8B55-32AF-4F44-9F60-12CE1B267795.jpeg

15 minutes ago, docc said:

Looks like there is an auxiliary forward panel mounted above the location of the "hugger." Is there another triangular panel mounted the area of the swingarm in front of the rear tire?

D43B8B55-32AF-4F44-9F60-12CE1B267795.jpeg

I took off these panels to the “kit” but left the one at the top, for now.

BC91350C-1CDA-4998-B002-6AF86E4546FA.jpeg

I’ve seen these on the internet all scarred up from sliding down a freeway for over a hundred dollars. This was $52.20 plus freight for a brand new (maybe old stock) part from Harper’s. Can’t say enough how happy I am at that price point. :2c:

DF2C899D-9D8D-4AA6-9F37-1CCB45236A5B.jpeg

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Joe said:

I took off these panels to the “kit” but left the one at the top, for now.

BC91350C-1CDA-4998-B002-6AF86E4546FA.jpeg

Okay, wow! A rare, full, set of "EdgeGuards" made by our 2004-2013 member "stormsedge" . I run a full set and find them very well designed to keep the grit and spray off the shock, vulnerable shock eye, and the back of the gearbox (including the extremely important main electrical ground).

When stormsedge left the forum, he offered the molds and materials to anyone that would carry on, but there were no takers. :(

DSCN1796.JPG

DSCN1797.JPG

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

(Yeah, I've been known to ride some crappy roads. This year's SpineRaid over The Cherohala Skyway was no exception.)

I have never regretted adding the EdgeGuards.

IMG_2607.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, docc said:

Okay, wow! A rare, full, set of "EdgeGuards" made by our 2004-2013 member "stormsedge" . I run a full set and find them very well designed to keep the grit and spray off the shock, vulnerable shock eye, and the back of the gearbox (including the extremely important main electrical ground).

When stormsedge left the forum, he offered the molds and materials to anyone that would carry on, but there were no takers. :(

DSCN1796.JPG

DSCN1797.JPG

It was quite a treasure hunt finding the stock rear mudguard. Only to figure out I have a rare “Edge Guards” from Stormsedge. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 10/10/2022 at 7:36 PM, docc said:

DSCN1796.JPG

DSCN1797.JPG

mg_v11_rosso_mandello_244.JPGBack on track...

I jumped off the porch and ran with the big dogs...kinda sore now, think I'll lay here in the flower bed for a while. k

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hey Joe,   I have the same set-up on my 02 Lemans, they are held on by zip ties, work quite well and you cant see it like the huggers,  (which I'm not particularly fond of). Nice, clean, and open.   

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Finally getting around to fixing.

The annoying alternator leak was my fault, not the front cover seal but my inattention to the spacer sleeve o-rings. The rear one was absent (there's a rear one, right? There is now) and the hidden one in the groove was hardened and came out in pieces. Meh. 
The oil cooler mounting pins were torn from the cooler, and the mounting brackets bent. Apply hammer and JB weld, blast and paint to come. 
The sidestand bracket snagged on the trailer slot rail hard enough to pull the 6mm screw out of the case, so for your enjoyment a 12mm Time-Sert was installed.

1107221215.jpg 1107221218.jpg 1107221222.jpg

• Like 3