What did you do to your V11 today?

Scud

Found CBR600RR mirrors are the fit for the 'Sport, though bases differ through the choices and some are perfect, some less so but usable. Also found (of course) that my voltage regulator has made doody apparently. Voltage has always been on the low side since I've owned it, about 13.8. More recently, and without explanation, voltage went up to 14.3 where it should always have been. One of the first things when I got the bike was to run ground wires to everything everywhere including the regulator so that's ok. On my ride to coffee Tuesday, left home at 13.3 and 30 miles later arrived at home at 12.1. Voltage rises some with RPM but never exceeds 13.1. I suspect one of the diodes has gone bad making for 1/2 charge and leaky battery syndrome. I've ordered a new Shindengen from Roadstercycle.com as I installed on my '74 Aermacchi, and even that weak suck charges 14.6. Now to decide whether to do yoga or take the fairing back off to change it. :/

Of course I'll verify both legs of the alternator too. 

Edited by Pressureangle
add info
  • Like 2

Do you have a picture of the CBR600RR mirrors on a sporty?

Which model year CBR are they from?
I am very unsatisfied with the original mirrors, and even less satisfied with the current aftermarket replacement I have.

10 hours ago, Pressureangle said:

Found CBR600RR mirrors are the fit for the 'Sport, though bases differ through the choices and some are perfect, some less so but usable. Also found (of course) that my voltage regulator has made doody apparently. Voltage has always been on the low side since I've owned it, about 13.8. More recently, and without explanation, voltage went up to 14.3 where it should always have been. One of the first things when I got the bike was to run ground wires to everything everywhere including the regulator so that's ok. On my ride to coffee Tuesday, left home at 13.3 and 30 miles later arrived at home at 12.1. Voltage rises some with RPM but never exceeds 13.1. I suspect one of the diodes has gone bad making for 1/2 charge and leaky battery syndrome. I've ordered a new Shindengen from Roadstercycle.com as I installed on my '74 Aermacchi, and even that weak suck charges 14.6. Now to decide whether to do yoga or take the fairing back off to change it. :/

3 minutes ago, Tinus89 said:

Do you have a picture of the CBR600RR mirrors on a sporty?

Which model year CBR are they from?
I am very unsatisfied with the original mirrors, and even less satisfied with the current aftermarket replacement I have.

Just to clarify, @Pressureangle is mounting these mirrors to the fairing of a (pre-V11) 1100 Sport-i . . .

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tinus89 said:

Thanks docc, that explains why I could not get my head around that!:helmet:

For a V11 Sport, @Lucky Phil speaks highly of the Rizoma mirrors on his V10/11Sport:

small.DSC01094.JPG.dec3e6b628ae278e09bf5

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Pressureangle said:

Simple decision.

Cheers Tom.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Finally installed my Lucky Phil Extender. It really looks nice and fits perfectly. Nice work Chuck, and nice design Phil! Can’t try it any time soon, because the rims are off for bearings and such, and the rear shock is getting swapped.

• Like 3

I replaced my stock (tire) valve stems with 83 degree angled stems, replaced the front wheel bearings and disc hardware (now titanium).

Rear wheel bearings and disc hardware coming up next.

• Like 4

May I ask how many miles on your V11? And how many miles when your rear bearings went south? Thanks!

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, 4corsa said:

May I ask how many miles on your V11? And how many miles when your rear bearings went south? Thanks!

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Unknown mileage, it wasn’t the original wheel. 
    It was the brake disc side that went. If I recall correctly, I thought there was something weird going on the rear brake at the end of a 500 mile trip. I jacked it up and when I spun the wheel it was immediately obvious.

• Like 1

Nothing doing with the V11’s today, I did treat the Griso to a carbon fibre hugger, which I was quite impressed with. Easy to fit, lightweight, looks good.

Which reminded me to ask if anything was developing / progressing about the V11 carbon fibre pillion seat humps

7E93E837-ACF4-4535-8C60-DDCCBD39343A.jpeg

82112C68-197A-43A6-8567-11619701B4E7.jpeg

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Guzzimax said:

Which reminded me to ask if anything was developing / progressing about the V11 carbon fibre pillion seat humps

@FreyZI last logged on here a couple months ago (November 2022) . . .

Last posts in August 2022:

• Like 1
  • Confused 1