What did you do to your V11 today?

Scud

7 hours ago, 4corsa said:

More details please!

The wheel is the later 5.5 x 17 with a 180/55/17 Michelin Pilot. The powder coat was done by IPC in Rockaway NJ. Cleaning up the powder coat masking at the cushdrive interface was time consuming. It’s completely hidden, but the cushdrive sealing o-ring rides there. 83 degree valve stems were installed, new bearings were installed (and the rear spacer shimmed out to 113 mm, thanks docc!).

I removed the stock fender / swingarm cover / hugger and carefully, incrementally, cut it, test fit and trimmed until I was happy. I had also done this on my Silver V11. I like the look. I have some pics of a few cuts but reducing the file size is tricky for me, I don’t know which apps I can trust with that access to my phone! Anyway, it’s held in place with standard rubber protected pipe clamps from a local hardware store.

The Rivet Nuts in the swingarm that hold the stock fender hardware on were removed by inserting a ~20mm long, 5mm thread button head screw 2 turns in and carefully hammering on the button head until it allowed easy extraction with some needle nose pliers. 10mm black plastic flush furniture hole plugs press into the empty holes. 

The information decals on the swing arm were removed with a heat gun.

Also in the photo is a 500 lbs Eibach spring on the stock Sachs shock. I need to send my Penske out for a revalve, as funds allow.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

20 hours ago, FuelCooler said:

Hugger mod, swingarm captured screw delete, powder coated wheel, new wheel bearings.

IMG_20230205_142148~2.jpg

The hugger modification looks great :thumbsup:  Any additional photos from other angles or in-process would be helpful.

What bike are those rubber foot-pegs from, and were they a direct bolt-on with no modification?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, al_roethlisberger said:

...rubber foot-pegs...

Don't what those ones are, but if I recall correctly, a V11 that I was considering buying allegedly had Breva 1100 pegs. I could imagine they might go straight in. :)

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, audiomick said:

Don't what those ones are, but if I recall correctly, a V11 that I was considering buying allegedly had Breva 1100 pegs. I could imagine they might go straight in. :)

I wonder if these are the pegs, which are also available as individual parts from Harpers, etc:

https://www.af1racing.com/AF1-AP81450345-AP81450355-OEM-Aprilia-Touring-Footpegs--Kit---AF1-AP81450345-AP81450355

image.png

No idea, mate. But I reckon there's a pretty good chance. I can't see Aprilia or Piaggio inventing new pegs for every new bike they release. B)

I'd be looking for some second hand pegs, even ratty ones just to see if they fit. :huh2:

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, audiomick said:

No idea, mate. But I reckon there's a pretty good chance. I can't see Aprilia or Piaggio inventing new pegs for every new bike they release. B)

I'd be looking for some second hand pegs, even ratty ones just to see if they fit. :huh2:

Yep, that's the plan.  I found a relatively cheap (under $30 including shipping) used one on eBay which I may get, although I hate spending a whole $30 on an R&D part :P

I've also dropped a PM to @FuelCooler to see if he knows which pegs are shown in the photo  :thumbsup:  ...the tread pattern on his looks more aggressive than the pads for the parts shown above.

2 minutes ago, FuelCooler said:

I didn’t install them, but I think they may be Ducati pegs. Early monster?

Looks like you were responding just as I was...  :thumbsup:

Yep a little Googling of "ducati monster footpeg" and that appears to be it.

Do they seem to fit well?

Again, I see a few on eBay for cheap, so maybe I'll just pick one up and see.

Thanks!

1 minute ago, LaGrasta said:

Oh those look nice too :sun:

Did you find them to be well-made and a tight direct no-mod necessary fit?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, FuelCooler said:

The pegs really fit perfectly and don’t seem to be modified in any way, but no guarantees!

Yes early Duc Monster. Here's one from my saved search. I've purchased several a LOT cheaper and nicer, being patient. They appear to be the very same as the MG oem's with the addition of a rubber covering. That thickness is how much higher your foot will ride. (2-3mm?) Reduces vibes on the feet.

New from Duc is like $80 iirc.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=464.1.018.1a&_svsrch=1

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2