What did you do to your V11 today?

Scud

Wasn't able to do anything but look at her on the way out to do the shopping this morning...

We just got home and the heavens opened!

So now just about to open a bottle of Vino sit by the fire and have a look at my birthday present from yesterday, the book Moto Guzzi 100 Years, in between looking out the floor to ceiling windows at the rain lashing the balcony!

Bloody nice and cosy inside but still a part of me wants to get togged up and go for a ride....

I can just hear my wife.... You idiot.

Ha ha...  the fire wine and book win for today!

Cheers  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I've been away for the weekend for a V11 meet-up.  Both @Revilo's posts and the @audiomick's Ford fuel line connectors should be their own topics, IMHO, rather than in this menagerie thread.  :wacko:

I am quite busy catching up, but will try and focus those topics ASAP . . . :nerd:

[edit]:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 5/19/2023 at 12:06 PM, Martijn851 said:

Checked the valve clearance and adjusted them, in .17 and .20, out .18 and .21.

Now in .10, out .15 like in the manuel, also changed the valve covers to something less orange. 

Screenshot_20230519_190316_Gallery.jpg

0.15/0.20 would be best? (In spite of "the manual")?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, docc said:

0.15/0.20 would be best? (In spite of "the manual")?

Don't know, it's also 10/15 in the how-to on this site, followed by the 'like favorite oil' comment :)

On 5/19/2023 at 12:06 PM, Martijn851 said:

Checked the valve clearance and adjusted them, in .17 and .20, out .18 and .21.

Now in .10, out .15 like in the manuel, also changed the valve covers to something less orange. 

Screenshot_20230519_190316_Gallery.jpg

Good move changing out the red valve covers, looks better now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

She was born a Greenie, yes l like Greenie's. The Dynotech.de edt soon ready, waiting for a c built seat.
Cheers Tom. 2b8c78dc4a2e6441f6be17bca99dd703.jpg46e7fede6f3c8c3aa45b2de4a06bb20a.jpg

Sent fra min SM-S906B via Tapatalk

• Like 12

Since I got the bike out of the shop, it's run a bit better but was getting an off throttle backfire, particular when I downshifted.  Since the bike was dyno tuned, I'd thought they might've been just too aggressive with timing and/or fuel.  Anyway I was going to take it back.  Then Sunday, I took to the DGR ride and the problem got quite bit worse, lots of backfiring and hesitation.

Then it occurred to me that it was likely the TPS.  I opened the connector and gave it a shot of contact cleaner.  Did a ride yesterday and it ran clean and strong

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Tomchri said:

She was born a Greenie, yes l like Greenie's. The Dynotech.de edt soon ready, waiting for a c built seat.
Cheers Tom. 2b8c78dc4a2e6441f6be17bca99dd703.jpg46e7fede6f3c8c3aa45b2de4a06bb20a.jpg

Sent fra min SM-S906B via Tapatalk

you painted the frame black?

6 hours ago, LowRyter said:

you painted the frame black?

Frame original red paint. Black parts wasn't that long since p coated. 

Cheers Tom.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, LowRyter said:

Since I got the bike out of the shop, it's run a bit better but was getting an off throttle backfire, particular when I downshifted.  Since the bike was dyno tuned, I'd thought they might've been just too aggressive with timing and/or fuel.  Anyway I was going to take it back.  Then Sunday, I took to the DGR ride and the problem got quite bit worse, lots of backfiring and hesitation.

Then it occurred to me that it was likely the TPS.  I opened the connector and gave it a shot of contact cleaner.  Did a ride yesterday and it ran clean and strong

well not so much.  I took it out to meet a fellow Guzzi rider and rode 60 miles one way, started to rain.  Got a few backfires and a couple of skips/surges.

After lunch, started to rain again.  Started the bike and went for 50 ft, bike died altogether.  Cranked but no fire.   Played musical relays- looked dusty in there (?).   Bike ran like a train all the way home.  

Got home and got the contact cleaner.  

• Like 2

Getting back to what I wrote here:

On 5/20/2023 at 12:36 AM, audiomick said:

After that, I took her out and washed the oil off the sides of the sump at a car wash. A subsequent ride and dusting with talcum powder was supposed to show me where the oil was getting out. Unfortunately there was no positive result. I am now tending to suspect the source of the leak within the clutch housing. Bugger.... :angry:

I had another look today with my endoscope camera (bought cheap on a whim in an Aldi supermarket, it is amazing how often I use the thing...) through the hole for checking the timing marks on the flywheel. It looks a lot like there is oil in there. I reckon the gearbox needs to come off to have a closer look at things. :(

I'm trying to see the good side of that: it means I will also be able to have a good look at the bottom end of the shock, grease the shaft drive uni joints, lots of good things. It really is a bit of luck that I have to get in there.

At least that is what I keep telling myself... :whistle: