What did you do to your V11 today?

Scud

Here's a topic for whatever you feel like sharing.

I've seen similar on some other forums and it seems like a nice way to chat about whatever comes up: little tasks, maintenance, washes, rides to the grocery store, added an aftermarket accessory, ordered some supplies, whatever... Maybe one person's little task will serve as a good reminder to someone else.

So.... what did you do to your V11 today?

I took my LeMans' starter switch apart - all the way down to the spring and contacts. Took a small file to the contacts to get a good connection - and some steel wool to the spring, which has to conduct electricity. Hoping for more reliable starts.

Looked at it longingly as I was continuing to re-assemble the Buell. It's an '09 which have a penchant to burn up stators. I'm now on number 3 in 12000 miles. Luckily I acquired a rotor mod from Eric Buell Racing before they closed with an EDM'd hole to increase oil flow/cooling. That, along with a stator from Rick's Electric (and some fingers crossed for luck) should get this beast mobile once more.

I was just reading about EDM holes for oiling. One thing that was clear from what I read was to make sure the part they put the EDM hole into is thoroughly cleaned. It (EDM) makes a lot of debris when it is making the hole. Failure to clean the debris out before putting in service can result in failure.

Is that the Rotax based motor?

I was just reading about EDM holes for oiling. One thing that was clear from what I read was to make sure the part they put the EDM hole into is thoroughly cleaned. It (EDM) makes a lot of debris when it is making the hole. Failure to clean the debris out before putting in service can result in failure.

Is that the Rotax based motor?

Yes it is, which got my attention when the 1125's first came out. Figured it took some balls to outsource the motor while Buell was part of HD. When they had the fire sale on Buell's after HD decided to shut it down...I couldn't resist.

I really wanted one of them, but financially I could not do it as we were in the middle of buying a house.

There was a brief period where they were stupid cheap, and I regret not being able to buy one at that time.

I had an older X1, I regret selling it. I came close to buying one of the new Buell Cafe bikes, but a house had to come first.

• Like 1

I really wanted one of them, but financially I could not do it as we were in the middle of buying a house.

There was a brief period where they were stupid cheap, and I regret not being able to buy one at that time.

I had an older X1, I regret selling it. I came close to buying one of the new Buell Cafe bikes, but a house had to come first.

I did put up a bit of a fight. Noticed the big markdowns on Buell's going while going in to the dealership to buy some Street Glide parts in 2009. I guess my "Hmmm...." must have been audible, cuz the salesman called the next day offering to take another grand off the price!

Understand about the priority thing.....

Isolated the Scura's oil leak using baby powder - just let it idle till the oil started oozing out. Definitely the timing chest - but I had already snugged up all those bolts. Snugged 'em again... still leaking. Cleaned it up and forced some silicone gasket maker into the area. Hopefully that will hold for a while. Replacing a timing chest gasket looks like a hassle.

Getting baby powder out of blistering engine paint is a joy...  :not:

FWIW....eBay has some EBR 1190s for sale . some with 0 miles & some w/less than 1000 miles.

Yeah, but when Buell was first closed by HD they were selling $10,000+ Buells for 5 grand.

An $11,000 or more EBR is a great deal but not in the same league as a brand new Buell for 5 or 6 thousand dollars. It does not have the same "Fire Sale" effect on me.

Moved the bikes so I could get to the snowblower.

Is it an 1100 cc V-twin snowblower?

It is only a matter of taking things off and putting things back together. Be sure to get a rotor removal tool to get the alternator off .

I've appreciated your past tool recommendations, such as the Pit Posse wheel bearing remover (works like a charm). Could I trouble you for a suggestion about exactly what rotor removal tool to get?

BTW - I ordered a timing cover gasket today.