What did you do to your V11 today?

Scud

Having manged to lay in a few hundred miles in the last few days, I worried. And I wondered . . .

Will my third Veglia speedo carry me through to 100,000 miles? Especially now that it has gotten the Saint Vitus Dance :blink:

Thinking I better get those SpeedHut on the way . . .

Saint Vitus Dance

Now playing Black Sabbath Vol 4.

This evening I spent a good hour reading about reasons why I might be missing downshifts. Got all mentally prepared to get into the transmission gear selector box. Got the lift ready. Pushed the bike in. Noticed that one fastener on the shift linkage was loose. Tightened it. Went for a ride. Shifts perfectly again.  :homer:

In other news - I received a nice pair of head guards from MotoBits. They are silver, which just won't do... but they're a nice shape, have recesses for the bolts, and they are big enough to protect the spark plugs. They'll look great in black.  :ninja:

• Like 1

I am mounting a fresh Pirelli Angel to the front (the 18th front I've fitted!).

It is tempting just to remount the wheel, but I am following my *own* sage advice :oldgit: (also known as : good things I've learned from this forum!)  B)  , and am thoroughly cleaning and freeing the eight brake pistons. :luigi:

Wheels Off Maintenance Checklist

• Like 1

Coincidentally, my Veglia speedo needle has just started the St. Vitus Dance - turned over 9,000 miles today.

Somehow, associating my Scura with Black Sabbath seems appropriate. Please enjoy Vol 4, featuring the song St. Vitus Dance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxtQXZCvRtk

Even though I had "just" worked the pistons and bled the front brakes 20 months/7500 miles ago, this procedure makes a remarkable difference in braking and feel. :thumbsup:

Plus, I subdued St. Vitus' possession of my Veglia by pressing the lower angle drive back together and tightening it snugly to the gearbox. I'm not saying it's "rock steady," but jiggles about 5 mph. Instead of the sporadic flicks from 40-100 mph when St. Vitus was having his evil way. :blink:

I installed MartyNZ's LED taillight kit, along with a pair of LED turn signals I've been "storing" for a while. FYI - if you put LED indicators in back, but leave incandescent indicators up front, they will work with the stock flasher.

Before:

IMG_4793.jpg

Step one, coffee, unpack the kit, and review Marty's instructions:

IMG_4795.jpg

The clever, and practically invisible mounting of the side running lights and "bonus" tail and brake lights:

IMG_4798.jpg

And yes, I painted the non-reflective portions of the chrome light base black.

After:

IMG_4800.jpg

Lit up - far brighter than stock - even with the newly tinted lens.

IMG_4801.jpg

@Marty - this is great kit. Everything included and not difficult to install. I did not need to get anything extra to install it - and it worked the first time.  :notworthy:  :bier:

I think the song for this project is "Seen and Not Seen" by Talking Heads - just for the title.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rvjw5xJF8WQ

hey, I need this kit! and new signals too? 'splain those please.

Talk to MartyNZ. Now I need another kit for my LeMans.

Turn signals - I found some nice looking, inexpensive ones on Amazon. Have been happy with them on my LeMans, just was waiting for an excuse to install a pair on the Scura... which I found today. The connectors are similar style, but smaller than OEM, so I squished the stock connectors with a crimper. Here's a link to the signals.

http://www.amazon.com/Astra-Depot-Motorcycle-Indicator-Standard/dp/B005IV0PVA?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage