I'm done with cars. I've had a truck for a long time. Currently driving a 2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab that I've had since new. It's basically only for road trips, bad weather, and hauling motorcycles (the best is when all three conditions are met at the same time). I'm just about to give it to my middle daughter and get myself a diesel truck - which will also only be for road trips, bad weather, and hauling motorcycles.

Some cars I've had that I liked:

• 1955 Cadillac Fleetwood 7-passenger Imperial Sedan (aka limousine) - had it for about 20 years - drove almost all my friends for their weddings. A massive 20-foot, 6,000 pound car: white with grey crushed velvet interior. When I sold it, I had only one motorcycle (BMW RT) and I made a deal with my wife: "Someday this same amount of space will be filled with motorcycles." I should've said "the same amount of weight..."
  • 1964 Ford Mustang - 289 c.i.d. 4 speed manual.  Daily driver for many years: restored it twice before I sold it.
  • 2001 Volvo V70 2.5T - probably the best mix of performance and practicality of any car I've had. I realize that's not much of a statement when compared to the mustang and caddy - I've had some other cars too, but I didn't like any of them.
  • Like 1

We have three in our household...Two Italians and a Jap.

My daily driver and works vehicle is a wreck of a a Suzuki Jimny.

The other daily driver is an Alfa Giulietta, which is usually driven by 'er indoors.

Italian no 2 is a Maserati 3200 GT and is purely my plaything and mid life crisis car, but looks good alongside the V11 in the garage.

I'm done with cars. I've had a truck for a long time. Currently driving a 2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab that I've had since new. It's basically only for road trips, bad weather, and hauling motorcycles (the best is when all three conditions are met at the same time). I'm just about to give it to my middle daughter and get myself a diesel truck - which will also only be for road trips, bad weather, and hauling motorcycles.

You americans definitely blur the lines between car / ute / truck! I look at my humble triton ute - a 98 model with a diesel that feels more like an elastic band than an engine. That Tundra is , er, overkill. Or impressive? I can't quite decide.

After my 71' Super Beetle was deemed too dangerous for my daughter to ride in.... rightfully so. I picked up my current 86' Volvo 244, was just going to be my jalopy while I was looking for a job up here but I sort of like the damn thing.

Lots of Volvos for a small poll, Scud wins the renaissance man award.

My current fleet includes a '95 GMC Sierra 3500 (new everything) , '03 Volvo XC70, '10 Mercedes C class and my wife's 'Subaru Outback. This setup covers most the bases. I tend to keep the cars & trucks I like. If you keep spending more than they are worth on them, you can keep them a good long time. All I can say is, I am happy to be past the mini-van stage, I hated it from day one.

My current set of cars....

I have a Chevy Colorado which is a company owned pick up truck.

Then I have a Smart car, an american Brabus version of the FourTwo. No turbo, yet.

The wife is currently shopping for a new car. Her short list so far includes a new smart car (not her favorite), a Subaru BRZ, a Mini Paceman, and a Jeep Wrangler. Yes, her short list is varied and contains an odd mix. And she is still looking.

Living 10 kms next to the italian border it isn't possible not to drive italian cars.

Mine are Alfas, as i current have: 159SW TBi, Brera V6, 146 16V 1,7 Boxer my 95 and a well preserved Bertone (2000 GT Veloce) my 71.

And as heritage from my father a MB W123 230CE, mj 76.

Nice collection of Alfas you have there.  I had a 159 before the Giulietta and I have to say, it was a much better car all round.  Keep hold of the Brera.  I reckon they'll start getting collectable in a few years, especially the V6 engines models.

Wife: 2015 Kia Sorento SUV with the 3.5L V-6. Great all around SUV.

Me : 2000 Chevey S10 pick up Extreme edition with the 4.3L V-6. Just bought it last Feb. with 58,000 original miles. Used it to haul the bikes from Clearwater, Fl up to Blowing Rock, N.C. (678 miles each way) and up to the Southern Spine Raid in Tellico Plaines, Tn.(589 miles each way). Ran great until last month when it ate a rod bearing with only 63,000 miles on it. Replaced the engine with a remanufactured long block assembly. New engine is way better than the old one. I really like having a pick up to haul "stuff" with. Will probably keep this until the grandson is old enough to drive then pass it down.

Me: Polar Blue Lotus Elise for when it is too hot to ride the Guzzi.

Wife: Prius

Family: Sienna Van.

So, this is revealing. I've never understood why anyone would own a Prius or a Toyota minivan.

Now I know: "Polar Blue Lotus Elise." It all makes sense to me now! :sun: