Those and the D-type jags are so awesome. Nice little rip around Mulholland Drive and Pacific Coast Highway too.

Which Guzzi is in the garage? It's next to a Ducati PS1000LE, and an adventure bike.

I'm thinking it's a '70's V7 Sport. Distinctive round tail light, high square cut chrome fender, the "semblance" of a bevel box and protruding jug. There is a hint of a slash cut muffler at just the right place. Add to that, my desire that it 'should' be a vintage V7 Sport, means it most likely is :P: . A person's got to have one true classic in his garage, right?

• 1 month later...

I accidentally bought a bmw the other week so I am now the proud(ish) owner of a 90's 735i.

mmmmm.... v8.... like the guzz she is portly but quick when you poke her just right!

Plus, I must now be a social menace as I'm White Van Man and also a bmw driver! Ha!

I have to stick this one in here. What a great car and video of it. Cool story too.

http://media.jaguar.com/news/2016/11/new-original-jaguar-xkss-makes-world-debut-los-angeles?q=&start=0&brand=jaguar

watch closely when the garage door opens ... Guzzisti!

Ha, did you notice in the video the close up of him pulling up after the run to check the view the drop of oil fron the engine bay hit the ground. Jags, some things never change:)

Ciao 

I have to stick this one in here. What a great car and video of it. Cool story too.

http://media.jaguar.com/news/2016/11/new-original-jaguar-xkss-makes-world-debut-los-angeles?q=&start=0&brand=jaguar

watch closely when the garage door opens ... Guzzisti!

Ha, did you notice in the video the close up of him pulling up after the run to check the view the drop of oil fron the engine bay hit the ground. Jags, some things never change:)

Ciao 

could be oil....... could be drool :P: ?

• 3 weeks later...

So here's my first "fly and drive".

34005029892_e808ac057a_b.jpg

My first Vette was an 86 coupe, red, auto. Nice car. Bought it in NC when I lived there for a couple years and drove it out here to Oregon with a U-Haul trailer behind it...

Sold the 86 and then after not long I started looking for a late C4, yellow, 6-speed convertible. They didn't make a lot of those so it took a while. Finally found one in Muskegon, Michigan. Luckily a guy I knew on the Corvette forum lived close by and he looked it over for me. I flew out to Grand Rapids and he picked me up in his 86 convertible, When I got there the car was still in the shop getting the clutch replaced. So I had to wait around for the car to show up. It wasn't long. Did the paperwork and jumped in the car and took off.

Now this was 14 years ago so pre-Google Maps, so I was navigating with paper maps, at one point I must have taken a wrong turn and must have been headed into Chicago. I'm headed into a less desirable area of Chicago in a bright yellow convertible Corvette, desperately looking for somewhere to turn around. Finally found an exit and made the appropriate directional change post haste.

I made it to Nebraska to visit the relatives there. That night the tornados came though the area, we stuffed as many cars into the garage as possible, luckily mine made the cut. Then hunkered down in the basement. No direct hits but any vehicle outside was pummeled with hail...

Luckily the rest of the drive was less eventful!

Now the car mostly sits in the garage, the old engine (130k miles) leaks a lot of oil. This winter I replaced the intake manifold gasket, and that helped some but there are more leaks. But I spend any free time I have on the bikes so it will have to wait.

My wife and I drove to LA and then Vegas in the car to get married so there's some emotional attachment. But that's another story.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

OK. My car my 17 year son drives is 2004 Grand Prix GT,My collage girl has a 2007 PT cruiser.I bought it but it her car.My driver is a 2010 Ford Escape fwd STICK SHIFT! My toy car is a 1978 black Grand Marquise with 42000 miles on it.Pretty nice car! Then there is this. My wifes 2011 KIA Sportage. I dont like it in my drive way! I hate JAP cars.Un American or something.I dont know. The kia will be gone by fall. Yea yea I know there built here.

OK. My car my 17 year son drives is 2004 Grand Prix GT,My collage girl has a 2007 PT cruiser.I bought it but it her car.My driver is a 2010 Ford Escape fwd STICK SHIFT! My toy car is a 1978 black Grand Marquise with 42000 miles on it.Pretty nice car! Then there is this. My wifes 2011 KIA Sportage. I dont like it in my drive way! I hate JAP cars.Un American or something.I dont know. The kia will be gone by fall. Yea yea I know there built here.

Wait, you drive a Ford Escape and you hate Jap cars? I am confused.

• Like 2

Q told me not to touch the red button...

post-2315-0-72365000-1493753078_thumb.jp

Now, it becomes clear that, if one has an Albrecht von Goertz designed BMW 507, exactly who gets to park in front . . . :grin:

Q told me not to touch the red button...

post-2315-0-72365000-1493753078_thumb.jp

Now, it becomes clear that, if one has an Albrecht von Goertz designed BMW 507, exactly who gets to park in front . . . :grin:

Yea,Ford American! 

Um... are we potentially confusing a British Aston Martin DB4 with an American Ford Thunderbird? ...and while we're at it, Kia is a Korean (not Japanese) company.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

71b7cf61f3f3c9b43f277f14e5b23175.jpg

Just picked up this 2012 X5 with 23k miles. Still smells new. Wife has claimed it as her own. I still will drive it more than her...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk