On 10/15/2021 at 9:49 AM, swooshdave said:

Well, I have given up on the 67 Convertible. Ok, more like my wife isn't happy with the progress. So it will be sold soon.

But that doesn't mean there isn't a new project in the garage!

A couple more updates while my Guzzi rests for the winter.

C-code is the base V-8 with the 2 barrel. This one has a rebuilt motor, 4 bl Edelbrock carb and supposedly a mildly updated cam. And a fat dual exhaust. It's moving farther and farther from stock every chance I get.

• Thanks 2

Rarest SBF heads(?) the "ill-fated" '68 tunnel port 302 - just before the Boss 302 hit the scene. Mighta worked for Trans-Am, but bad for the street. Lots more known about the SBF than a few years ago. What I do remember is to get a billet oil pump drive shaft. I have seen the OEM hex shafts spun like a barber pole. 

Screen%20Shot%202022-01-05%20at%204.43.0

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a favourite of mine Kenny Brack Goodwood 2013 Ford GT40 in the wet. When I was teaching my son to drive I showed this video to him to demonstrate the speed at which a car gets out of shape in the wet if pushed too hard and the reactions and pre-emptive skills you need to keep it on the road. If you think as a amateur road drive you have those type of skills then you're mistaken so don't push the limits on the streets.

Ciao

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, docc said:

Sheesh! I cannot believe that car didn't spin or go sliding off the track! Incredible driver control.

For a Indy winner, I'd bet it's a piece of cake compared to going flat out into Turn 1 qualifying at The Speedway.

It was pretty funny watching him pass so many cars in the wet like they were parked.  All of them classic '60's sportscar racers.  

• Like 2
On 1/17/2022 at 5:20 AM, LowRyter said:

For a Indy winner, I'd bet it's a piece of cake compared to going flat out into Turn 1 qualifying at The Speedway.

It was pretty funny watching him pass so many cars in the wet like they were parked.  All of them classic '60's sportscar racers.  

Probably because he's a hired gun driving someone else's 20 million dollar car and the others are mostly amateurs driving there own expensive machinery:)

Ciao 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Lucky Phil said:

Probably because he's a hired gun driving someone else's 20 million dollar car and the others are mostly amateurs driving there own expensive machinery:)

Ciao 

implied       ....    <_<

On 1/16/2022 at 12:59 AM, andy york said:

IMG_1112.JPG

Talk all you want about the track performance of other cars in those vids, but Andy's shot depicts incredible adhesion.  :grin:

Just now, however, I just care about getting down our driveway so I can shovel VDOT's blade berm to reach the cleared roads.

i-RLtf76k-M.jpg

i-GQvckwx-M.jpg

i-JcgGd6n-M.jpg

OTOH, could be worse, to wit, my b-i-l's car in Erie yesterday!  :blink:

i-tBb9j4t-M.jpg

Bill

• Like 4
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/27/2020 at 11:20 AM, swooshdave said:

Are we talking about cars again?

Did I mention my new project?

So I traded my Corvette. It had 130k miles and was worn out. I had it for 17 years so it was time to go and besides, the family didn't fit in it.

I managed to trade it for a 1967 Mustang convertible. Although the Mustang is going to be a lot of work in the end I'll come out ahead.

So far I've managed to pull the engine (and sold it) and get a welder. Both necessary steps. I will be replacing a bit of rusty metal but I do like learning... the hard way.

Ended up selling the 67 this week. The wife was happy to have her parking spot back in the garage.

Went to a few nice family who have the wherewithal to get the car back on the road.

No crying for me, I still have the 65 to work on.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, swooshdave said:

Ended up selling the 67 this week. The wife was happy to have her parking spot back in the garage.

Went to a few nice family who have the wherewithal to get the car back on the road.

No crying for me, I still have the 65 to work on.

:(