Even the "not so good" Italian Engineering.  This was my ultimate Automotive Sin, bought as a non-running Biturbo with a spare wiring harness in the trunk...430 Side view.JPG.

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, HRC_V4 said:

...my ultimate Automotive Sin...

Ha - I'll bet many of us thought we could rescue a special car and found out later that it was a bad idea. In the early 1990s I bought a 1982 Mercedes 500SEL. It was a German (not US) model that someone had imported. I thought I got it for a great price (just needed a little work). It was loaded. Remote start and pre-heater. Hydraulically adjustable ride height, power and heated everything. Monstrous 5 litre power. But oh... the parts unavailability and repair bills. Traded it to a dealer to get a two year old first-gen Infinity Q45. Pearl white with white carpets and white leather interior. That thing was a rocket. Then we had a baby. I sold that and got a Toyota T100 that was trouble free for many years. I've sworn off luxury cars, and now I only like trucks (though I had a dalliance with a sporty Volvo V70). But I must confess, the Bronco has the "Lux" package and it's pretty damn cozy.

• Like 5
34 minutes ago, Scud said:

Ha - I'll bet many of us thought we could rescue a special car and found out later that it was a bad idea.

I'm still learning, this is at a friend's house about 5 hours away, I go about once a month to work on it. I have driven it about 100 miles in total, but the starter took a dump for the third time my last time down so I have a new upgraded starter to put in and a spare transmission (5spd) to put in my next time down. It is a surprisingly good car, it is a later FI car, manual transmission, good power for the era, good ride, just a fun car to drive. Parts are a little hard, but I have become friends with a good source out in California.

2.8 TT.jpg

21 minutes ago, docc said:

The Maserati story is told in Greg Field's (requisite reading):

Just put in my order, since it is requisite reading!

This explains why my Quota and 430 use the exact same throttle position sensor, and they are the only two vehicles that use that TPS.  What are the odds....

• Haha 1
19 hours ago, HRC_V4 said:

Even the "not so good" Italian Engineering.  This was my ultimate Automotive Sin, bought as a non-running Biturbo with a spare wiring harness in the trunk...430 Side view.JPG.

Did you try the GTV?

I've owned this one since '95, it is a blast to drive, the Maserati is a little more plush and refined, but I would pick the GTV6 for a mountain road any day, even though the Maserati has an additional ~70 hp (stock trim).

On 6/21/2022 at 10:32 AM, Scud said:

It's a super-competent off-roader. I got to participate in a Ford event, called Off-Roadeo before I took delivery. I went to the one near Las Vegas. The trail masters put us in all kinds of difficult spots intentionally so we could experience the vehicle's features and capabilities. 

Bummer about the Ford experience in Australia. I've been overall happy with my Ford trucks, but have no experience with a new Ford car. I'm fortunate that there is a very good dealer near me. I also bought the extended warranty, as it is a new model and they had a lot of production delays.

I'm a December 2020 reservation for a loaded Badlands. No sign of it yet.

These rigs are immensely capable even for the novice driver. The Off-Roadeo was an absolute blast!

• Like 3
  • 3 months later...