23 minutes ago, Scud said:

Toyota Tundras... had three of them. Bought a new Limited Crew Cab in 2005, which lasted until an accident a few years ago (still sore about that guy that lost control and hit my truck in a driveway...)

Have had two others, both used with over 200,000 miles. Still have the 2006 SR5 Crew Cab that my daughter drives. Spent last weekend on my back replacing the steering rack, struts, shocks, tie-rods, sway bar bushings, rotors, calipers, etc. I think everything I took out was original parts (except brake rotors). Almost ready for another 200,000 miles.

You take a truck like that and do what you have just done Scud, plus throw in some new transmission and motor mounts and they feel tight and smooth like a new vehicle, very satisfying in my book...especially when its for your kid..:-)

• Like 1

^ yeah it made a huge difference. And I will feel better about her running around CA Central Coast in it. She took my wife's Subaru Crosstrek back to school while I took time to get her truck sorted out. Hoping to swap back this weekend. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Joe said:

Wow, what a custom bike. :wub:

Laverda 1000 V6 del 1977, costruita in 2 esemplari per gare di endurance, motore 4T esacilindrico a V trasversale, bialbero 4V, cambio separato a 5 marce, trasmissione finale a cardano, 140 CV a 11.800 giri/min, 285-300 km/h.

Picture Gérard Delafond

File:Laverda-v6.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Pressureangle said:
Laverda 1000 V6 del 1977, costruita in 2 esemplari per gare di endurance, motore 4T esacilindrico a V trasversale, bialbero 4V, cambio separato a 5 marce, trasmissione finale a cardano, 140 CV a 11.800 giri/min, 285-300 km/h.

Picture Gérard Delafond

File:Laverda-v6.jpg

Sort of a Italian "Boss Hoss" motorcycle

21 minutes ago, Pressureangle said:

In the sense that the 'boss hoss' were motorcycles at all, yes- The Ugly American.

Motorcycles with "Car motors" :thumbsup:

Those vehicles are built in Dyersburg about 85 mi. from here . I am glad it is a successful business but , I will probably never own one.  If riders do't like the "twist" of a M/G , I can't imagine revving a small block Chevy on two wheels. 

The Laverda , on the other hand , I have seen a Jota and heard ir run . A religous experince . WOW .  It was a project bihe a buddy had. Parts for a Laverda are hard to come by in W.Ky. He sold it to a buddy that hustles bikes. It was sad to see it go , but everything you own is divided into two categories . Jetsam of flotsam . 

• Like 2

Flotsam is defined as debris in the water that was not deliberately thrown overboard, often as a result from a shipwreck or accident. Jetsam describes debris that was deliberately thrown overboard by a crew of a ship in distress, most often to lighten the ship's load. :ph34r:

• Like 1
15 hours ago, GuzziMoto said:

Sorry, but mentioning the Boss Hoss in the same breath as that Laverda is just wrong.....

A car motor installed in a motorcycle, nobody has an affinity for Boss Hog unless its on a rerun of The Dukes of Hazard. The bike Eric listed was beyond cool, w an /Alfa V6, an Italian motorcycle with a Italian motor installed.

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, Joe said:

Flotsam is defined as debris in the water that was not deliberately thrown overboard, often as a result from a shipwreck or accident. Jetsam describes debris that was deliberately thrown overboard by a crew of a ship in distress, most often to lighten the ship's load. :ph34r:

Then what do I call the 'useful-but-unlikely-to-be-used' sh*t I've kept all these years?

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Joe said:

A car motor installed in a motorcycle, nobody has an affinity for Boss Hog unless its on a rerun of The Dukes of Hazard. The bike Eric listed was beyond cool, w an /Alfa V6, an Italian motorcycle with a Italian motor installed.

I believe it was a Guilio Alfieri designed V6. An Italian automobile engineer that helped designed a number of cool Maserati  cars and engines. And yes, cool all around. Imagine if you could buy something like that today....

• Like 1