Tail Bag for Stucchi Rack

rwake

Anyone looking for a tail bag for the Stucchi rack might want to consider the 3516-0135 from Moose Racing. Its semi-rigid, fits the rack well, can be removed quickly with finger clips, and can be extended upward by opening a zipper. 

Anyone with the Stucchi rack knows that cargo cannot be strapped all the way forward without chaffing the carapace behind the seat. To prevent this, I laced black paracord among the rack rails to standoff the tailbag. Even so located, it does not overhang the rack. Its rather small, but suits my purpose, so I'm happy with it.

My intent was to post a few photos of how it looks on the bike, but the 200KB max attachment allowance for this posting precludes even one picture. If anyone is curious about fit and appearance, send me a message I will email pics.  rwake

5-12-16: Photos are now linked below in the 3rd post, with Docc's help.

• Like 1

Thanks, rwake, for the info!

Consider a photo hosting site to post a link? I use PhotoBucket, but I know there are others. Would love to see a photo of your set-up . . . anything with paracord has to be cool . . . :sun:

• 6 years later...
On 5/7/2016 at 1:14 AM, rwake said:

Anyone looking for a tail bag for the Stucchi rack might want to consider the 3516-0135 from Moose Racing. Its semi-rigid, fits the rack well, can be removed quickly with finger clips, and can be extended upward by opening a zipper. 

Anyone with the Stucchi rack knows that cargo cannot be strapped all the way forward without chaffing the carapace behind the seat. To prevent this, I laced black paracord among the rack rails to standoff the tailbag. Even so located, it does not overhang the rack. Its rather small, but suits my purpose, so I'm happy with it.

My intent was to post a few photos of how it looks on the bike, but the 200KB max attachment allowance for this posting precludes even one picture. If anyone is curious about fit and appearance, send me a message I will email pics.  rwake

5-12-16: Photos are now linked below in the 3rd post, with Docc's help.

I have the same stucchi rack.  The rack is perfect but once mounted on the bike the rack is crooked at on side.  I don't find the problem or the cause.   Do you have some tips to solve the problem?  Thanks Marc