Lucky Phil extender mod

Chuck

Heh - without anything nearby for scale, I thought that aircraft picture was a model sitting on a table . . . I thought, "Wow, saved a pound. Outstanding!" :rolleyes:

Heh - without anything nearby for scale, I thought that aircraft picture was a model sitting on a table . . . I thought, "Wow, saved a pound. Outstanding!" :rolleyes:

Every ounce counts on a 500 lb. airplane..  :grin:

Wow - my Sport weighs more than that!

Wow - my Sport weighs more than that!

So does the Mighty Scura. They are "different" machines, designed for their own purpose..that's all. Both are a hoot to operate. I'm still occasionally amazed that we can build a machine that *flies,* though. Generations have looked at birds in the sky and thought, "if only I could do that.."  :)

• Like 2

I haven't forgotten the lucky 19 that get em.  :)

29394483471_936105c3bb_c.jpg2016-09-05_09-30-39 by Charles Stottlemyer, on Flickr

I'll spray a coat of wash primer on the other side and get them out tomorrow with any luck at all. 

For those of you that would still like one (or several) I'll check with a laser or water jet shop to see if I can get them cut ready to form cost effectively when I get time. 

• Like 2

Thanks for coming out of retirement for this. They look like little soldiers - all dressed up in olive-drab, ready to be deployed to the shift-improvement wars.

Mine will probably visit the powder-coater, along with some other bits for entertainment value.  :ninja:

Sorry, folks.. didn't get them out today. Dorcia and I put 4 hours in it filling out customs declarations in triplicate, getting packing material, etc. I have a pup I'm training to run the CNC, so I had to spend some time with him. Tomorrow for sure. For you out of the country guys, I'll email you shipping and fondling :) cost after we go to the post office tomorrow.  :rasta:

Whew! They're on their way.  :)

Minor rant: Why in the world do they have me fill out customs declarations on line with all the information on them, including email addresses, phone numbers, etc. Print them out, and the girl in the post office has to type it all in anyway??  :wacko:

Haha. I feel your pain - having experienced some of that recently with the Roper Plate shipments. Thanks for the hard work. I await payment instructions (total with shipping and fondling).  :wub: