Lucky Phil extender mod

Chuck

16 minutes ago, Chuck said:

Hi, Docc. I shipped one to @Kenblake on July 25, so maybe that is an old one. Haven't heard from @roktbox.

They went out today..thanks for keeping tabs on this. :thumbsup:

Alrighty, I shot him a pm. I have another way to reach out, but will give it a couple days. Let me know if there are others who need a "prompt" . . .

Thanks, again, Chuck for this Latest Last Run. ;)

• Like 2

Thanks, again, Chuck for this Latest Last Run.

My Inspection, Packaging, and Shipping Department said the same thing. :huh2: Shirley :D the market is saturated by now, though..

• Haha 1

Down to 2, so 1 more please.  liked what Scud said, if another V11 want's to follow me home :D.    Actually woud like 2 springs from Scud also. Have to contact Scud to send it to Chuck, saving postage, may be ? (Guzzi content).  But then, is there a problem paying with PP ? IPA time :rasta:

Cheers Tom.

43 minutes ago, Tomchri said:

Down to 2, so 1 more please.  liked what Scud said, if another V11 want's to follow me home :D.    Actually woud like 2 springs from Scud also. Have to contact Scud to send it to Chuck, saving postage, may be ? (Guzzi content).  But then, is there a problem paying with PP ? IPA time :rasta:

Cheers Tom.

I checked world clock... it's way past IPA time. Almost IPA time here! :bier: No problems with PP and those parts afaik.

Relax it's only 11.30. Seriously B guy not wearing a watch :bier:, thanks about PP.

Cheers Tom.

• Like 1

I attempted to install my lucky phil extender today.  the middle bolt seems pretty resistant.  hit it worth some liquid wrench.  will try again.  have other people found this bolt to be a pain as well?  

Middle bolt ? The long bolt thru pork chop that hold the lever ? There is a nut at the other end,, 

Cheers Tom.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I finally installed my Lucky Phil extender.  PB Blaster helped on the middle bolt.  My first mistake was using a flexible socket extender - total crap - 1/4" one twisted like rope and did nothing, 3/8 one broke immediately.  Reached across with 13mm and 10mm sockets on solid extenders and a knuckle from the other side of the bike, same to tighten them up again.  Mentioning sizes for posterity, so maybe save someone some time fumbling with sockets like me.  Kind of a tight area laying on my back, no bike lift. 

• Thanks 1

On 11/10/2022 at 2:41 PM, Chuck said:

My Inspection, Packaging, and Shipping Department said the same thing. :huh2: Shirley :D the market is saturated by now, though..

Haha, well, Shirley has been wrong before. :whistle:

Has all of this Latest Last Run found homes?

Has all of this Latest Last Run found homes?

Nine out of the 10 I ran through the whole process. While I had the mill set up, though, I ran the rest, so it won't be much trouble to make more.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Alright, got a chance to test ride my bike after putting the extender in, caveat, my left leg is in one of those post trauma lower leg boots, long story, but doctor cleared me to do mild exercise yesterday.  So I figured that included a brief test of motorcycle's new Lucky Phil shifter ... (I took off boot for the test and put on a regular boot)...Long story short, I'm going to have to make some adjustments, since it would not shift above 2nd gear.  1st, neutral and 2nd shifted fine.  Can someone could explain how fine tune shifter?  I'd appreciate it.

I have the shift lever attached to the lower hole on the extender, so I figure I'll put it in the upper hole for starters.  Looks basically parallel as in docc's example photo to my untrained eyes.  

unnamed.jpeg

Ah, yeah, using the upper hole is the idea.

Might require a slight change to the connector rod length.

I also "tune the shifter" to bring it within a couple millimeters of the Frame Side Plate on the downstroke in every gear. Also, the tension on the pivot can be adjusted by turning the pivot bolt to the desired tension and locking it in place with the inboard lock nut.  My shifter still had too much wiggle/ play for my tastes, so I shimmed the lever in the pivot space.

DSCN3926.jpg

• Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, docc said:

a slight change to the connector rod length

given the symptoms should I try shorter or longer?

will change to upper hole and play around with rod length.