Lucky Phil extender mod

Chuck

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/23/2022 at 6:42 PM, audiomick said:

Yeah, no worries. I'll get in touch after new year. Have fun. I hope your mate sorts out his dead Scura. ;)

Okay, Mick.. I'm back. Dead Scura fixed. Lucky Phil Extender on my desk as I type. PM me your mailing address, and it will be headed your way shortly. :)

• Like 2

Good timing, Chuck. I've had a visitor from Melbourne here for the last week. She left yesterday, and I was already planning to contact you today. :)

PM will be on the way in about 5 minutes....

2 hours ago, audiomick said:

Good timing, Chuck. I've had a visitor from Melbourne here for the last week. She left yesterday, and I was already planning to contact you today. :)

PM will be on the way in about 5 minutes....

I'm not sure I have my priorities exactly right. :blush:

I would be, like, "Hang on, honey. I've got to reach out to this guy in The States about some freakishly obscure motorcycle part."  :huh:

• Like 2

Docc "honey" is the one who lives here.

The one who left is someone I have known for about 37 years (I met the one who lives here about 23 years ago...), and who I haven't seen for about 7 years. When someone like that comes to visit, you spend the time. :)

Otherwise, my priorities are quite similar to yours....

• Haha 1

Sorry, Mick..I came down with covid symptoms, and was cast into the basement with no computer. For what ever reason, My ancient tablet doesn't play well with the forum. Checked on the phone and I have a p m from you and bing bong. As soon as the dungeon mistress removes the leg iron's I'll get right on it..Hopefully this week. (!)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Chuck said:

Sorry, Mick..I came down with covid symptoms, and was cast into the basement with no computer. For what ever reason, My ancient tablet doesn't play well with the forum. Checked on the phone and I have a p m from you and bing bong. As soon as the dungeon mistress removes the leg iron's I'll get right on it..Hopefully this week. (!)

It is better/more merciful when SHE contracts it at work , brings it home and YOU get it ! We have had every shot possible and suffered minimally .

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chuck said:

Chuck,

Get well soon!

Art

16 hours ago, Chuck said:

The latest batch went out today. I'd recommend boiling the package for 15 minutes..:rasta: I'm still testing positive after 10 days..

Sheesh.

Took my son about 10-12 days to finally test negative..even though he felt pretty good after 3-4 days..Hope its the same with you Chuck.

Installed a "indestructible" Scud shift spring, bearing and Lucky Phil Extender yesterday in friends '02 V11 Lemans (with 70K miles on it).  He was very excited for the improvements and once the case sealant sets up, will fill/adjust and test run.  I told him he is now officially a member of the very exclusive V11 "not-so-secret" mod club now.

Once again, continuing THANKS! to all for the detailed photos, discussion and collaboration in upgrading another iconic :mg: machine.  :bike:

(This was the 2nd tranny I have done the spring/bearing on and it all came back to me very quickly. I have one extender and 2 spare springs left, which are still pending install on my virgin champagne '02 LeMans. But I can say that I do feel "qualified" now with the improvement process).

Edited by Tom in Virginia
clarification
  • Like 8

As I am assembling an inventory of what needs to be done to refresh my bike, and what I have on-hand, I'll likely be trying out a set of Motratech foot controls which I suspect I have squirreled away with many other bits pre-COVID illness and brain-fog.

I also believe I already have the Lucky Phil's shift extender and Scud's updated spring, although not yet installed; so my question is a two-parter with regard to using the extender with the Motratech controls:

1)  Has anyone used Chuck's Lucky Phil extender with the Motratech foot controls successfully?

2) Is there still a benefit of using Chuck's Lucky Phil extender with the Motratech foot controls?

Chuck, I hope you feel better soon.  I had COVID in early 2021 and was down for about a month, in the hospital twice, and had serious post-COVID issues in the subsequent months that then lingered for a year+.  It's no fun.

For reference:

Motratech-MGC-SB10-Foot-Forward-Comfort-Pegs-Moto-Guzzi-V11-Sport.JPG.cde0a353571d8f495d1f28c71a8702a1.jpeg

• Like 1