Lucky Phil extender mod

Chuck

3 hours ago, gstallons said:

Mmmmm. I'm lost . Where does the Spitfire come into the equation ?

IDK, maybe wingtip salute??!!

On another note, the shifter mod is nice, I like it.  My Lemans now shifts like my son-in-laws cbr1000rr.

• Like 2

You never realized how this little item could make this much difference . From an H Farmall to a Japanese crotch rocket !

To the guy that designed/made this extender , what made you think of doing this ?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, gstallons said:

Mmmmm. I'm lost . Where does the Spitfire come into the equation ?

"Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few" was from a speech by Churchill regarding the airmen flying mostly Spitfires during the Battle of Britain. A bit of a stretch with the wordplay on my part, sorry about that. And yup, wingtip salute.

Analogy is annoying I know and yet I persist in inflicting them on all those around me :lol: because :oldgit:.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I watched a video on the design and manufacture of the Spitfire a few nights ago and how important the wing deign was . I didn't realize how exaggerated it was until the video.

(snapping suspenders, tamping corncob pipe) Back in the day, our local EAA chapter used to get a night per year at the Dayton Air Force museum. It was after hours, and we could get in anything we wanted, wiggle the controls, yell, CLEAR! etc. :) I'm not much of a warbird guy.. but it was a hoot. Most of the fighters reminded me of the old adage.. an elephant is a mouse designed by the military.  Except the Spit. The cockpit is just right. Everything falls readily to hand, as they say. Good visibility from the cockpit, comfortable. That is one warbird I'd give a go. The wierdest? The ME262. Those Germans.. who else would have rudder pedals that go up and down?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Ok, three of the absolutely positively last :huh2: run are spoken for. @Scud.. don't worry about buying any unless you really want one. I took the material I already had along with the little airplane job, and the water jet guy didn't charge me any setup.. he already had the program in the can, and I gave him a file so all he had to do is pick up one corner of the material I gave him to cut the exhaust flanges. Nice guy..

• Like 3

Just now, kalev11 said:

I would like 2 of them. 

Best pm Chuck directly, sir.

Also, all the rest of you that have expressed an interest: Strike while the iron is hot! (pm Chuck)

• Like 2

I finally installed my shift extender, makes a difference, improves shifting for sure. I still have to dial it in though, I'm not sure which way, extend or shorten the throw rod.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LaGrasta said:

I finally installed my shift extender, makes a difference, improves shifting for sure. I still have to dial it in though, I'm not sure which way, extend or shorten the throw rod.

Strive for right angles . . .

image.png

• Thanks 2

Machined the blanks yesterday. I have to rework the form tool a little, but should get them formed today. Most likely done tomorrow.. 4 are spoken for. Send me a PM with your mailing address if you want one. $50 plus actual mailing cost.

20221107_155020.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

@kalev11, I don't have a PM with your mailing address yet.

To those that have asked, once they are finished and made it through the extensive inspection by the Chief Inspector, the Shipping Department will send them out and tell me how much each package cost to mail.

I will then PM you with actual cost. The easiest way is Paypal, especially overseas shipments.

• Like 2

On 11/3/2022 at 10:15 PM, docc said:

Last and best effort I can make to notify interested parties to PM Chuck at this point:

@KenBlake        @roktbox      @guzzi323    @RichP   @Tinus89    @Gmc28

And the special offer from @Scud

Thanks, again, @Chuck !

@Chuck,

Who, on this list of interested folks, has not contacted you at this point?

• Like 1