Diagnostic Cables

docc

On 11/13/2019 at 4:25 PM, 80CX100 said:

Hey Tom,     I enclosed a pdf copy of the Casper's product description of the breakout cables that I had saved for my own records.

Hopefully this goes through and you can read it ok.

Fyi good luck

Kelly

Breakout cable Caspers V11Lemans forum 109172 TPS Breakout (Dense 3 way Metripack).pdf 140.9 kB · 5 downloads

Cool, I got it.  Thanks a lot.  I carted this cable setup, tried to checkout, made it all the way to credit card number etc, hit finish and viola, nothing.  Ya gotta laugh!  Gonna call them instead.

5 hours ago, Tom in Virginia said:

Cool, I got it.  Thanks a lot.  I carted this cable setup, tried to checkout, made it all the way to credit card number etc, hit finish and viola, nothing.  Ya gotta laugh!  Gonna call them instead.

Hey Tom,    When I tried to jam my order through, it defaulted to their standard international shipping $40-50, I wasn't willing to pay that, so I left the shipping section blank and jammed my order through anyways and mentioned in the comments to ship it cheapest, USPS if possible. Their customer service contacted me and it went smoothly $15-20? shipping.

Caspers were a treat to deal with, I've been trying for a frustrating month to deal with Nelson Riggs for a simple set of replacement straps that were missing from the bags when I got my V11. I can't believe that in this modern world, a line on a map can bring all business and common sense to a complete stand still,lol.

Good luck with it

Kelly

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, orangem2 said:

Bought harness

It does NOT plug on my bike...

Looks like it should fit, but does not

Pins are too big

Which cable does not fit, the Casper’s TPS Breakout Harness ?

41 minutes ago, orangem2 said:

The 3 wire diagnostic cable

Male pins on cable are too big to fit bike plug

What was the source?

• 3 months later...

Seems everybody are happy with the Lonelec.uk edt , page 1 this tread. Sorry don't know any suplier in the US.

Cheers Tom.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
On 12/14/2021 at 5:06 PM, dbarb3 said:

Lonelec has them in stock should have listened  just ordered from them

Abd they can easily ship to the USA. I think mine arrived in maybe a week.

Yeah, I know. Old thread. But I was bored.

• 10 months later...

I got an adapter from Lonelec yesterday. Only a couple of days delivery from UK to Germany (not a simple as it used to be since BREXIT).

This is it:

WooMainKL1TALIA_850x660_New_2-510x396.jp

https://www.lonelec.com/product/guzzidiag-jpdiag-ducatidiag-tuneecu-kit-kl-1talia-3-pin-connection/

I haven't tried it yet, but am absolutely confident that it will work. What I like is the elegance of it. I really dislike having adapters plugged in to adapters. Messy, fiddly, and too many possible sources of poor contacts and what have you.

This thing has a connector for the plug on the bike on one end, and at the other end a connector for a standard USB cable. There is a socket on the side of it for 12 DC in, and a pair of alligator clips to connect to the battery with an appropriate plug for the socket on the device are supplied. Alternately, one could use a 12V DC power supply with the appropriate connector.

There are four LEDs on the top, labelled respectively "power OBD", "power USB", "RX" (receive) and "TX" (transmit).

The text on the website emphasises  that "It uses a genuine FTDi chipset", which Bernd stipulates as a requirement for the OBD adapter on the Guzzidiag download site, and in his documentation in the german forum.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, audiomick said:

I got an adapter from Lonelec yesterday. Only a couple of day delivery from UK to Germany (not a simple as it used to be since BREXIT).

This is it:

WooMainKL1TALIA_850x660_New_2-510x396.jp

https://www.lonelec.com/product/guzzidiag-jpdiag-ducatidiag-tuneecu-kit-kl-1talia-3-pin-connection/

I haven't tried it yet, but am absolutely confident that it will work. What I like is the elegance of it. I really dislike having adapters plugged in to adapters. Messy, fiddly, and too many possible sources of poor contacts and what have you.

This thing has a connector for the plug on the bike on one, and at the other end a connector for a standard USB cable. There is a socket on the side of it for 12 DC in, and a pair of alligator clips with an appropriate plug to connect to the battery are supplied. Alternately, one could use a 12V DC power supply with the appropriate connector.

There are four LEDs on the top, labelled respectively "power OBD", "power USB", "RX" (receive) and "TX" (transmit).

The text on the website emphasises  that "It uses a genuine FTDi chipset", which Bernd stipulates as a requirement for the OBD adapter on the Guzzidiag download site, and in his documentation in the german forum.

Great, well let everyone know if it works as advertised!  :thumbsup:

• Like 1