Diagnostic Cables

docc

The Lonelec adapter works fine.

On this computer, an oldish Fujitsu Laptop with Win10, the driver installed automatically. I didn't try the adapter with this computer, but am convinced it would work.

I have another laptop, also oldish, a Dell Latitude with Win10 that I will be using in the garage. On that one, I had to install the adapter manually, following the instructions on the Lonelec web site. Otherwise, everything worked exactly as foreseen. :)

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, audiomick said:

The Lonelec adapter works fine.

On this computer, an oldish Fujitsu Laptop with Win10, the driver installed automatically. I didn't try the adapter with this computer, but am convinced it would work.

I have another laptop, also oldish, a Dell Latitude with Win10 that I will be using in the garage. On that one, I had to install the adapter manually, following the instructions on the Lonelec web site. Otherwise, everything worked exactly as foreseen. :)

WooMainKL1TALIA_850x660_New_2-510x396.jp

So, this is an alternative to the 2-cable set we were previously sourcing from Lonelec?

That seems to be the case. I assume that this is the two-adapter kit you are referring to:

https://www.lonelec.com/product/guzzidiag-3pin-interface-cable-kit/

The first sentence in the description there is

We are now offering an alternative and even further improved 1 piece interface - please see here

Whereby the "please see here" is a link to the one I got.

• Thanks 1

I sent one of the Lonelec KL-1TALIA adaptors mentioned above to Bernd, the Guzzidaig author, so he could have a look at it. The first thing he did was to open it up and have a look inside. His report was as follows:

A 'real' FTDI USB serial IC is used.
There are "proper" capacitors installed.
There is protection against accidental reversal of the polarity of the crocodile clips (bridge rectifier).
A real KL driver IC is used and not some 'cheap' OP circuit.

2 small things to complain about:
The inputs are not filtered (Ok, with 12V signal level and the driver IC behind it you can do that)
The required USB cable is not included.

I wondered about the USB cable myself. The ordering process involved ticking boxes regarding the type of USB connection, and I had the distinct impression there would be a cable provided. I didn't query that though, as I have USB cables lying around here that I can use.

So, anyway, it looks like one can use the adaptor without any great worries. :)

• Thanks 1

Looks like you should have received 1 usb cable with the KL-1TALIA kit according to Lonelec description.

Contents:

1 x KL-1TALIA Interface with 3 pin FAL plug. 1 x USB cable (A, Micro or C). 1 x DC power plug with battery clips 1 x Installation instructions.

On 5/7/2023 at 11:46 AM, docc said:

WooMainKL1TALIA_850x660_New_2-510x396.jp

So, this is an alternative to the 2-cable set we were previously sourcing from Lonelec?

This is at least the third iteration of Guzzidiag interface cables from Lonelec.

This is what their original model looked like, somehow I ended up with 2 of those and they work just fine.

6945A259-64B8-4383-B99A-54ECE5199FAF.jpeg

Afaik there’s never been a problem connecting to Guzzidiag with cables sourced from them.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Speedfrog said:

...you should have received 1 usb cable with the KL-1TALIA kit according to Lonelec description.

Yes, I saw that too. As I said, I'm not fussed about it not being included as I have enough of them already. However, I assume they would probably send me one if I complained about it.:huh2:

28 minutes ago, Speedfrog said:

This is at least the third iteration of Guzzidiag interface cables from Lonelec

Afaik there’s never been a problem connecting to Guzzidiag with cables sourced from them.

Two good reasons to buy there, I reckon. They're staying on the case, and they seem to have a good record. ;)

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, mikev said:

With that, and a way to set your TPS mV, you will be golden. (After plugs and a valve adjustment.) :sun:

Then, meticulously synchronize the throttle bodies . . .  :luigi:

• Like 2

unfortunately on my mac, I get this error

The application “GuzziDiag_V0.60” can’t be opened.

so will have to scrounge a windows laptop

3 hours ago, mikev said:

unfortunately on my mac, I get this error

The application “GuzziDiag_V0.60” can’t be opened.

so will have to scrounge a windows laptop

That could be a security/firewall setting in your OS. See if you can navigate to that section and list GuzziDiag as an exception.

edit/ to wit:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Using my son's windows computer I was able to get Guzzidiag to connect to my V11 this morning.  CO trim was the number I most wanted to see and it was set to 0.  Bike runs fine and idles fine so I didn't mess with any settings.  The ECU top line had info but the bottom two lines were all 000's.  Temp and RPM read well.  RPM was about 100 less than what was displayed on the tach. 

Also, I didn't download any drivers.  Only installed Guzzidiag_VO.60

• Like 3