"Norris SS" cam. I'm interested - any opinions & advic

ScuRoo

Adding this here as most appropriate for subject resource...

As you know our V11’s are not spoilt for choice on cams - but of the options available - choosing which one can be extrapolated. 🍻 

I always have trouble with these youtube experts when they are going along with a reasonable explanation about stuff albeit basic and then they make a total howler of a mistake or omission. I take the attitude that there is generally something to learn even if you go through 49min and only learn 1 thing. I stopped at 18min after he added up all the spring pressures and got a big number about how much power it took to drive the cam. The reality is it takes a lot less power to drive a cam than people imagine because you're compressing springs. Springs store energy and the energy needs to go somewhere so the spring gives back the energy that's used to compress it. Its not obviously the same amount because everything has losses but it's not the massive loss you might think. I think this needs explaining however he gets caught up in a "big number" for dramatic effect scenario which I find annoying and a bit misleading. 

Ciao    

• Like 1