Luciano Marabese/ V11 Sport Designer

brlawson

Here's a pic of mine taken a few years ago ... with Gustaffson tinted screen on the Magni (original was clear) and Mistrals fitted ... although I still have the stock cans, which although a little heavier do have a much deeper bass to them. Hard not to fall in love with a greenie methinks!

egypt 051.jpg

• Like 7

Belated thanks again brlawson for this topic, although a sad one ... but a great piece of history / design - we collectively owe that man a lot I think. Based on several positive reactions / PM's to my previous post - I would certainly consider including the factory LaFranconis with my V11 as currently configured for a fellow enthusiast ... these bikes need good homes. I hope this not considered dis-respectful in any way.

Gio

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gio said:

Belated thanks again brlawson for this topic, although a sad one ... but a great piece of history / design - we collectively owe that man a lot I think. Based on several positive reactions / PM's to my previous post - I would certainly consider including the factory LaFranconis with my V11 as currently configured for a fellow enthusiast ... these bikes need good homes. I hope this not considered dis-respectful in any way.

Gio

I think you show respect in many great ways.  It shows real honor and dedication to go the extra miles (km? B)) to make sure our V11 don't just get cast off, parted out, or otherwise defiled. That along with caringly placing the individual accessories and parts shows real respect. Thank you, :notworthy:   Gio!

I would have to look back at the timeline, but it was not long after we lost Luciano Marabese that we also lost brlawson. A fine gentleman I feel lucky to have met and ridden with.

• Like 3

Gio, that’s a great looking V11. Did you paint or have the valve covers and the alternator cover painted? If so, and regarding paint codes, was it hard to  match the red of the frame and pork chops? I often stare at my bike and think how cool it would be to match the red to the the rims and various covers.

• Like 1

Docc - thanks for the kind words ... I'm so sorry to learn of the loss of your friend. It never ceases to surprise me how emotional our attachment to these, or other bikes, or things generally ... can become. I think it may also explain why so many of us have been around here for so long ... not just for the bikes, but also the people that ride them and their stories.

Gio

• Like 3

Hi Kane - thanks. Yes - the valve / alternator covers were painted by a friend of mine (actually the mechanic at the dealership where I purchased) ... the match isn't perfect but fairly close - sorry, but I don't have any information on paint code (and is quite a few years ago now!) - but am sure others here may be able to help.

• 1 month later...

In remodeling my garage I wanted to hang some "garage art."  One of the pieces I wanted was a 24 x 36 poster of the original design for the V11 LeMans submitted to Moto Guzzi from Marabese Designs.  It is discussed on page 2 of this topic.   Here is how I created one for under $50.

Brian Boles is hosting the 250 mb file.  250 mb is 24 x 36 at 300 dpi.  300 dpi is magazine quality.

Click on this link and download the file to a zip drive.  http://www.brianboles.org/img/Stuff/V11_Proposal.tiff

I took the zip drive to Staples who printed a 24 x 36 poster for $29.95

To frame it I went to WalMart and bought the $10 frame kit.  It contains everything you need.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Mainstays-24x36-Thin-Poster-and-Picture-Frame-Black/883237

The whole project took an afternoon.  My wife thinks it looks good enough to bring in the house.  (see below.)

Mike

poster.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

• 7 months later...

Beautiful design is a big part of a bike's appeal to me.  I currently own 2 Guzzi's designed by Marabese: a 1200 Sport and a V11 LeMans.  I also own a LeMans 3 which Marabese has said is his personal Guzzi.  

"You know, even though I design for Aprilia, Laverda and others, and in my life I have had about thirty different bikes, that's it: the Guzzi is the only one I still have in my heart. I still enjoy today with my 850 Le Mans."  http://archivio.animaguzzista.com/maestri/marabese/marabese.htm

My question for you Marabese aficionado's is this: if you could have 3 Marabese Guzzi's what would they be?  Here are the options:
Centauro
V11 Sport
V11 LeMans
Breve 750
Breva 1100
Breva 1200 Sport
Griso
Norge

Thanks for your thoughts!

Mike
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Realize the later models are largely Rodolfo Francoli designs within the firm , Marabese Design. Both the Centauro and the V11 Sport look to be exclusive to Luciano, himself.

Not to diminish the interesting question! Or the discussion to follow . . .  :mg:

17 minutes ago, docc said:

Realize the later models are largely Rodolfo Francoli designs within the firm , Marabese Design. Both the Centauro and the V11 Sport look to be exclusive to Luciano, himself.

Not to diminish the interesting question! Or the discussion to follow . . .  :mg:

The Centauro has to be one ugliest bikes around, in my opinion of course.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 68C said:

The Centauro has to be one ugliest bikes around, in my opinion of course.

The Centauro only made sense to me after Luciano Marabese said he "drew it after the Dondolino" . . .

dc3adfa438472ba8e0a16795edb5e7b1.jpg

Moto%20Guzzi%20V10%20Centauro%20Sport%20

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, docc said:

Thank you for the clarification! 

Even tho he didn't pen them, I doubt the boss would have approved the later designs if he didn't agree with them.

I've always been torn between my 1200 Sport and the Griso as to which design I prefer. 

Mike  

• Like 1