YUASA YTX15L-BS AGM 12V - PROBLEMS

TomekSZ

Hey,

I have a problem with the battery brand Yuasa. Well, when fully charged discharged me while driving. I strapped him into a good charger and care for him as instructed. This is the second battery within 3 years. I bought a motorcycle from the first owner immediately had to replace the battery. But after one season, I started the engine I went to the gas station and started me crazy tachometer. After being stopped simply measure the rotation, then turn fell, and the turnover had already begun to fall and died - not fired. The battery strapped on charging - charging several hours to complete, and then keeps correctly until when I'll put it to the motorcycle. Interestingly, this was the case a second time - a time desczu and moisture.

Is no idea whether the model V11 LeMans is something that can kill the battery - suck it into the empty current charge level?

TomekSZ,

Check the alternator is working, charge the battery first then measure voltage at battery terminals with engine running should be about 14v at about 4000rpm. Could be alternator or voltage regulator problem.

Rob

• Like 1

TomekSZ,

Check the alternator is working, charge the battery first then measure voltage at battery terminals with engine running should be about 14v at about 4000rpm. Could be alternator or voltage regulator problem.

Rob

Agreed, with O2 V11 . . . check the full range of voltages [1) key off after 6 hours, 2) key on with lights after two-three minutes, 3) cranking, 4) idle, 5) at some RPM].

If the tachometer showed odd behavior also, I would replace the Relays with High Current OMRON G8HE and be sure the relay bases (connections) are tight and all connections to the battery and grounds / "earths" are clean and tight.

• Like 1

:-(

I'em not happy. You have right. The V is about 12,5 when fully charged, and when motorbike is running is about 11,8 V. I tested at 4-5k RPM, still 11,7 and running down sloowly. So you think it is generator/alternator? This is for sure this?

I agree that the problem sounds like something other than the battery. For what it's worth, I had a Yausa in my Scura for a couple years. I only removed it because I'm going to put it in a different bike. The Odyssey is a little smaller, and fits a little easier.

Look to the regulator first. And be certain of the grounding (earths).

As docc says, the most common failure is the regulator, caused by a poor ground. You can check the alternator at the yellow wires. They should show somewhere around 45 volts AC when the engine is running.

Ok, so... i went to the workstation of moto guzzi and lemand is charging back again. 

I can not explain that. One day ago he did not charge and the battery died in 1h driving. Today it is charging and for 4 k RPM it has 13.8 volts of normalization at slow speed of 12.5 and on cold engine of 11.8. I have absolutely no idea. They are now checking all contacts and connections but if it were a voltage regulator - it would just burn out and not work. And now I have no idea. Maybe I have not tightened the contacts on the battery, but I do not want to believe it.

Inspect the condition of the 30 amp fuse and its contacts.

It is always good to have best quality high current relays (OMRON G8HE). Relay #2 provides the reference voltage for charging.

Check also the two yellow wires attached directly to the stator.

Also check the 30 Amp fuse if you have one for any sign of discolouration.

Is the headlight On?

Is the tach working normally

Check the yellow wire bullet connectors, are they discoloured?

If you have a meter with the diode test function test with (meter red lead) on each yellow of the regulator to the red wire (black meter lead)

• Like 1

Hello,

The lamp is running when bike is starts engine automatically. Tach is working normaly again. I cant explain what just happend. The fuse is ok, the relays also - I changed all relays to panasonic - I recommend they are great. They work perfectly i think. The only explenation is, that the regulator is working but sometaims fails. This is the third time so i think it will be do in it again... 

that the regulator is working but sometaims fails.

I don't think so. Somewhere.. there is an intermittent connection. Take apart *every* connector in the charging system, clean, and spray DeOxit in them. Reinstall, wiggle around, etc. 

• Like 1

If the tach  stops working there's a good chance the regulator is not getting a Voltage reference (not charging), they share the same wire.

Try changing out the start relay and the headlight relay.