Hylomar

gstallons

Have ay of you ever used Hylomar ?  It is from the UK and it is pretty good stuff . If you have not heard of it , Google and spend a few hours .

Yamabond, or Three Bond or the equivalent.

But there are places that Hylomar would work better, especially were you have to remove the part often.

You  can use  it on any mating sufaces you want . It is this good. You can use it with a gasket or as a lone sealant. There is an assembly procedure you must adhere to for it to be effective .

• Thanks 1

Hylomar has been around for years and yes it was approved for use on RR gas turbines but I wont hold that agains it. It's quite good but there are many better options around these days, three bond in different forms etc.

Ciao 

ThreeBond is a brand name. I have two of their products, based on Pete Roper's recommendation. The products use 4-digit codes as product names.  So my tube of ThreeBond 1211 is white, flows easily, takes several hours to cure. My tube of ThreeBond 1184 is grey and tacky and stringy, a little more challenging to apply, but cures quickly. I used it recently on my transmission pre-selector case - filled it with oil and rode it after 15 minutes.

When I sealed all the cases on my Scura transmission, I used Permatex Right Stuff, which can be had in grey or black.

I also have a tube of Permatex Gasket Dressing and Sealant, which is blue - and they say "compare to Hylomar Blue" on the package. I got that when I was trying to find some Hylomar gasket dressing.

There is a dizzying array of sealant options. All the above I used recently seem to be improved over the red or black RTV silicones that I used a long time ago.

• Thanks 1

Been using it for years. It's best for components that need to be removed fairly regularly, such as rocker covers, sump gaskets etc when used in conjunction with the correct gaskets. Easy to clean off too.

• Thanks 1