Cheapest Mods in the world

swooshdave

I wish I could un-see that.

Now Docc's new Greenie on the other hand... that's kind of fun.

Out of curiosity, can the original paint color be determined from the VIN or anything else?  Or, would it possible to simply re-paint a black or silver sport as a Greenie and no-one would know what color it was originally.

AFAIK, there is no designation in the VIN or tag on the V11 that declares the original color.

Now, getting the V11Green correct is another matter. Word is, the code is cracked, though . . .

Pretty cool seeing my Sport parked on the Cherohala in V11Green! Thanks for the cheap thrill, swooshdave!

Out of curiosity, can the original paint color be determined from the VIN or anything else?  Or, would it possible to simply re-paint a black or silver sport as a Greenie and no-one would know what color it was originally.

something I looked at last year and posted...

It got me thinking about a color change. Researching the vin breakdown, every number or letter is accounted for except the 9th.

KR is the model (Sport?)  and AKR is the variant (LM?)

The 9th is described as undefined, or free. It has a range of 0 to 9. Anyone have any idea what that is for? None of the rest are reserved for color. The vin on both my bikes are the same but for the 9th (the LM is a 4 and the Tenni is a 6) and the last five (serial) 

I would assume one could paint a red one champaign, change it on the title, and no one would be the wiser. A Tenni would be harder to fake but not impossible.

Thanks for the cheap thrill, swooshdave!

[Guzzi content!]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

Out of curiosity, can the original paint color be determined from the VIN or anything else? Or, would it possible to simply re-paint a black or silver sport as a Greenie and no-one would know what color it was originally.

something I looked at last year and posted...

It got me thinking about a color change. Researching the vin breakdown, every number or letter is accounted for except the 9th.

KR is the model (Sport?) and AKR is the variant (LM?)

The 9th is described as undefined, or free. It has a range of 0 to 9. Anyone have any idea what that is for? None of the rest are reserved for color. The vin on both my bikes are the same but for the 9th (the LM is a 4 and the Tenni is a 6) and the last five (serial)

Anyone have a green bike with a 9th character other than 2?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My silver 9th is "2" . . .

So much for the hidden color code theory.

And my 2000 greenie's 9th digit is 6.

Hey Swooshdave, what would my V11 Sport Naked look like with these colours? Blue and white, with red guards, and indigo ceramic on the headers, like some of the V1000 Brittens.

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/first-rides-tests/2013/january/jan2313-mcn-rides-the-britten-v1000/

The photo was pretty dark which made it more difficult. And that red is a tough color to match on a good day. But this should be close:

34406831401_912c4bedf1_b.jpg

Good job with photoshop there Swooshdave. 

My bike has a darker green tank than the Greenies, and it has faded a lot. I can see a darker area that is normally covered by the seat. This made me think about a colour change.

I like the blue and white you put on the bike, but not so keen on the header colour. I may leave the guards grey/black. The headers; I may just polish them if there isn't a ceramic coating available that is a pale whitish blue.

But that blue looks great. Thanks for your efforts.

Marty  

I like the blue and white too. I'd love to take another crack at it with a better picture. Preferably less dark but also not in direct sunlight. Early morning or early evening would be best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk