Ozark Spine Frame Rally?

LowRyter

OK guys.  Called the Hotel Seville in Harrison Ark. 

Both weekends are clear (the first date is Mother's Day. Please note I've edited this post).   The hotel has a patio bar for drinking and stogies. 

I am calling it.  17 - 20  May 2018.

Who's in?

Call the Hotel Seville, 870-741-2321.

Book during the weekend of  17-20 May 2018 (17th is Thursday when I plan to get there, dates are flexible). 

Tell them you are part of the Motorcycle Group and get 15% discount.  My Queen Room is  $80/nite.  

Thanks! I'm gonna start pitching this with the local scrum. The transit sections are a bit much for us (The Mississippi River Basin), but I would love to do it!

Thanks for putting it on! :thumbsup:

Excerpt from my journal.. I'll see if Dorcia wants to come.

5-1-14

Got suited up in my cold wx gear, rolled Rosie out, punched the start button, and nothing. (!) Took 4 or 5 punches before the starter turned. Got to Andy’s and asked if he had some contact cleaner. Pulled the start relay, sprayed it, put it back in and it didn’t miss the rest of the trip. Booger freezing cold. Many stops for Andy to warm up. He had on long johns, bibs, chaps and Carharts. (!) His trunk hinge broke in Mo. He was walking to a hardware store and dropped like a shot duck. I thought he’d had a stroke. He said his legs were so effing cold they quit working. Checked him for a concussion and stroke..seemed as ok as Andy gets. J Made Hermann, Mo, 425 miles today. They’d rolled up the streets, but we managed to find beer and food.

5-2-14

I woke up last night and decided if it was as cold as it was yesterday, I was turning around for home. Fortunately, it was tolerable and it looked like the sun would be out farther south. 19 was a pretty road south of Hermann. Fortunately, the Hub was booked up and we went to the  Seville, a restored 1929 hotel. Gorgeous, and cheap. The staff was outstanding, too. $2.00 draft Mother’s little helper IPA.. J I’d take sweetie there in a heartbeat. Met Karen from Memphis who was here checking on her mother’s grave. Plays dobro in a bluegrass band, speech therapist. Bought us a round. Interesting conversation.

5-3-14

I led in the morning, and had a GREAT ride hooning around in the mountains, blowing by road blockers, etc. J It was the first time I’ve had Rosie where I could get rid of her chicken strips. 123 was a hoot. A memorable ride in perfect wx. Had late lunch at the Hub, sure glad we missed staying there.

5-4-14

Sent Karen on her way after (good) breakfast at the hotel. She said she’d be staying there every time she came back to visit her mother’s grave instead of the chain motels outside of town. I would, too. Took 62 across north Ar until we turned north and finally got on the slab. Hot hot ninetys (!) record heat, and here I was wearing my winter gear. Sweat some. J Stopped at Stan’s parent’s gravesite south of Effingham, and he put a rose on it. He said he was going to continue home, but Andy was flat too tired to go any farther. We ran up to Effingham and got a cheaper motel after Andy about had the big one when we inquired how much at a Holiday Inn express.. J Nice dinner at Fridays.

Andy

38413061801_e4cbcf6dcb_c.jpg010 by Charles Stottlemyer, on Flickr

38381545442_27a0def46c_c.jpg021 by Charles Stottlemyer, on Flickr

• Like 2

Lovely...flat smack in the middle of the 2 weeks I am travelling in May...no can do.

Will just have to detour a little bit on the way up to Cedar Vale to catch some of these roads anyway.

Enjoy the Spine raid...someone ought to show Spinal Tap one evening for fun!

Dang! That place is palatial!

Yer puttin' the 'stablished Spiner-Raid to shame. Everyone thought these were pretty good digs up 'til now!

Rush_Ghost_Town_OB01.jpg

(We picked it since there is a pretty decent road right across the front . . .)

Dorcia's in. Is Bev coming? 

Originally, I was going to ride there. But since Dorica is coming, Bev wants to go and I'll tow the bike(s). 

Once Bev saw the photos of the hotel, I think she thought it was a little more civilized than my normal Arkansas adventures................