H4 LED + other LED lighting

docc

I would like to upgrade my H4 without adding a separate driver or fan. Not long ago, a member here posted an H4 LED, but I can't find it.

Something like this?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1x-6000K-White-40W-4000LM-Hi-Lo-Motorcycle-Bike-LED-Headlight-H4-HB2-9003-/142078762956?hash=item21148ddfcc:g:i7MAAOSwX9FZGA6r&vxp=mtr

s-l64.jpg

Do they get too hot for the early Sport steel bucket?

This is the one I put in the 850-T. Mind you it only has one element so you may not like the light pattern. I ride that bike during the day so it's ok.

Safego Motorcycle H4 LED Headlight Bulb H/L High Low Dual Beam 20W 2000lm Motorbike H4 LED Lights Kit M4-H4 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01C1AOSVS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_8vtgzbJGM8BFX

It does have a fan but I'm ok with that. And it was shallow enough for that bucket which is not deep.

In order to fit the shallow bucket the cooling mechanism may need to be inside.

Here's another option.

RTD LED Motorcycle Headlight Bulb H4 Motorcycle Front Lights with Cooling Fan COB Motorbike Headlight 20W Moto Bulbs Hi/Lo Beam LED Headlamp Light Bulb for Honda Suzuki Yamaha Kawasaki Pack of 1 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MPXS2KS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_LAtgzbHNSTPTW

I bought the one from GuzziTech a while back and installed it in the LeMans, which has a smaller, plastic bucket. It was easy to plug in, but difficult fit inside that small bucket.  It would fit easily in the larger, metal bucket. The light is still doing great and shows no signs of overheating so far.

Is this what you are looking for?

www.thirdgear.co.au/motorcycle-hid-xenon-35-w-bulb-kit/

No guarantee it will work. My brother suggested it after seeing how weak my headlight is.

@Cash, I can't get that to link.  Could you give it a look?

https://www.thirdgear.com.au/motorcycle-hid-xenon-35-w-bulb-kit/

Someone forgot the "m" in "com". Not sure how that happened.

• Like 1

I purchased a H4 LED from Cycle Gear.  It didn't fit in either Guzzi's headlight bucket.   I installed it in my Bandit which has a fairing mounted headlight.  The thing makes a buzzing sound when it gets power.

since Guzzi lights and electrical system are weak, I would like to find a plug & play LED for both Guzzis.

Is it really that weak? I have LED bulbs in my vintage bikes because they are actually weak and every amp counts.

The V11 seems to be putting out decent voltage barely off idle. What it is the amp rating on the alternator?

The "bulb" one of our members posted was a "stand alone" with a heat sink on it, no separate "box."  I still don;t see it and have been wondering how it worked out.

My headlamp bucket is already crowded with an extra two micro relays in it. One of the "weaknesses" of the V11 electrics is the headlamp wiring goes through and Relay#2 NO contact, then the bright/dim switch before reaching the bulb.

350 watts @ 5000 RPM/ (14V - 25A)

The headlight won't make a dent. I'd be more interested in a HID if the headlight shell can take the heat.

• Like 1

I was running 100/80 H4 bulb in my Suzuki Bandit for about 60k miles.  It was actually making a brown spot in the acrylic lens.  I don't know anyone that runs a high watt bulb in a Guzzi.   That's what I was referring to when stating Guzzi lights and electrical being weak.  

I was comparing Guzzis to my Bandit when I made that statement.

Back to subject, can someone provide and link to an H4 LED replacement that fits in a Guzzi headlight bucket?

Didn't I do that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk