H4 LED + other LED lighting

docc

I ordered one, too, I should confess. Not that I found the standard setup to be insufficient for night rides, what annoys me is vasting the high output bulbs to 100% daylight commuting. That and curiosity, of course. I used the link you posted, it's still on its way.

Re-reading my last posting I guess a decent PWM modulator and some expensive 'Drill the Dark Nightbreaker' bulb would be the way to go, but then there's still this curiosity thing while the PWM thing still is not.

It didn't feel like anything *hot*.

I suppose I should pop it out and run it "for a while" -> point the infrared temp reader at it.

I got good reports today from riders following the LED tail light/ brake light unit swooshdave posted. I got the flashing model, so one guy said he had a couple seizures on the way :blink:  :rasta:

Hard to judge the effectiveness of the LED headlamp unit . . .

Have you notices that some cars give you good buffer behind you now, like when pulling up to a stoplight?

Yeah, so I've been tapping the brake flasher as I apply the turn signal and it seems to give me a little more space. The riders following me yesterday gave it good reviews.

I also started using the headlight "flash to pass " when overtaking and seem to get the driver's attention better.

Yeah, so I've been tapping the brake flasher as I apply the turn signal and it seems to give me a little more space. The riders following me yesterday gave it good reviews.

I also started using the headlight "flash to pass " when overtaking and seem to get the driver's attention better.

That'll get you a ticket for aggressive driving in Indiana.. :rolleyes:

Led experience.

Yes its bright as H, but like Luhbo said, a matched headlamp + bulb = expensive, will work. I installed 4 H7 Leds in my 93 Audi S4. the ones with fans seems to have shorter life. So 350$ later, and dont mention the hassle installing,,,, wires , boxes. It was great in the garage, except can bus error, wasnt supposed to happen with those bulbs. Had to install resistors,, and they are getting HOT, mening V HOT.

The point, they only light up like 20feet in front of the car, and in rain, real bad.

So Phillips EXTREME vision 130%, 55-60watt worked a lot better in my case.

tom Norway (we need god light up here)

• 6 months later...

What they don't show you is the wiring required for that light. Well, they show it but not attached.

So, this unit came today. Twelve days (including two weekends and a US holiday) from China.  :thumbsup: The unit was packaged very well and looks to be very high quality. The driver is integrated with the plug, so it is indeed a plug in unit. Just a matter of grooming the wiring and small driver in the bucket.

gallery_328_223_1276159.jpeg

There is ~10-11 mm (3/8") behind the fan outlet/ heat sink housing. I'm pleased with that (so far!)

Mine just came in the mail today.  I'll install it when the weather warms up and be sure to be careful to re aim it.  

Too cool!

I took mine out on some little traveled country roads where there were good places to pull off. I had the Stucchi flyscreen off at the time, so just two wrenches to budge the headlamp. Took me maybe five or six attempts, as I recall. 

I ended up going by the distinct low beam cut off as the high beam pattern is decidedly funky.

I feel the need to weigh in one this one......having used them before on my BMW GSA and KTM990A I recently fitted a cyclops 7000lumen H4 LED unit to my V11 and can report that the light output is phenomenal and the cut off line on both dipped and main beam is superb, in fact it is way better with the H4 bulb on the V11 than was the case with the H7 bulb on the other bikes. Very very impressed.

The Guzzi is off the road at the moment awaiting wheels coming back from the powder coaters (3 weeks, long story) so I can’t report on heat output discolouring the reflector, but I know for certain on my other bikes it wasn’t a problem

• Like 2

Thanks, Ian,

How about a link to that unit?

How large is the "driver?'

It all fits in the steel Sport bucket?

What color Kelvin?

(Wow, 7000 lumen! )

Sorry for the slow reply, I was travelling back to the UK. The cyclops site is the right one and yes it fits fine in the metal headlight shell on my bike. Interestingly the driver unit on mine and the wiring arrangement looks very similar to lowryters unit, but the fan looks different.

BTW I also got an LED sidelight bulb to match, because the yellowy filament bulb on the sidelight looked wrong alongside the LED main bulb. Ebay is your friend for those