Re-engineering the Shift Spring

Scud

12 hours ago, docc said:

Be certain the external shift assembly is properly adjusted and the lever does not strike anything (like the Frame Side Plate).

There is another spring (of three) that re-centers the lever. It could need attention, as well. Perhaps, it was installed backward. See Image 7 in the first post of the link below . . .

@Lucky Phil produced this fabulous tutorial:

Phil thanks for the advice.  I do a check up.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Steve S said:

Hey Scud I’ve had a few springs from you for bikes here in the uk and I’m in need of another one if you can oblige 

Steve

May be best to either pm (Message) scud or use the  "@Scud" embed to trigger a notification . . .

14 minutes ago, docc said:

May be best to either pm (Message) scud or use the  "@Scud" embed to trigger a notification . . .

In a rare occurrence... I actually saw this before you, Docc. Steve and I are using PMs now.

And in response to 4Corsa's question - I have not yet heard of a single failure of the new spring.

Also - Steve is willing to forward additional springs within the UK. So if anyone else in UK wants one, let me know via PM in the next few days.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 4corsa said:

That's great to hear! I installed a Scud spring over 2 years and 5k miles ago and no problems.

Two years, 10,000 miles here. And I shift A LOT !

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, 4corsa said:

What a great thing Scud has done for us - thank you Scud!

Thanks, but this would not have been possible without Chuck and all the other input on this incredibly long topic. These Chuck-engineered springs give us all the confidence to take longer rides without fear of losing the ability to shift far from home.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Scud said:

Thanks, but this would not have been possible without Chuck and all the other input on this incredibly long topic. These Chuck-engineered springs give us all the confidence to taking longer rides without fear of losing the ability to shift far from home.

...and thank you so much Chuck!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

@ScudRequesting a Super Spring for my Scura. Scouring the topics and posts for other necessities before attempting to correct the issue. Issue: Shifter drops below 1st and won't come back up through neutral. Shifts through 3rd are fine, but falls out of 5th to 4th. Can't grab any gear other than 4th (?) at this point. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, roktbox said:

@ScudRequesting a Super Spring for my Scura. 

I just send a PM.

But I agree with gstallons that it sounds like a linkage problem.

• Like 1