Summer tour 2018

Pressureangle

I'm planning a very long trip this summer, if I prove I can stay on the bike long enough- so far so good. I don't have a schedule yet, but If you're near the route and might like to have lunch or a ride-along, pin yourself in Yellow on the map. I'll be staying West, FL/Dallas/OK/CO/MT/WA then returning down the coast through the SW.

http://j.mp/2DMOWhB

What’s the ride gonna be?

Painful. 

I don't understand the question?

What I mean by ride-along is, if I'm passing through your area and you have some nice riding roads, or just want to put in some miles towards my next destination, that'd be cool.

That’s all very well and good PA, however, when are you going to post some videos exemplifying the sound of not only your delicious 1000i, but also your rather tasty dodge charger? hmmm?

People living on other continents deserve satisfaction too y’know.

• Like 1

That’s all very well and good PA, however, when are you going to post some videos exemplifying the sound of not only your delicious 1000i, but also your rather tasty dodge charger? hmmm?

People living on other continents deserve satisfaction too y’know.

Alas.

Somewhere in the ~3TB of crap I've collected over ten years and 3 computers is a vid of the first startup, but I never have made a proper one of the Charger. I only have a crap one of the 1100 by the phone, at idle.

The car is trapped in the garage by my Son's travel trailer at the moment, but I'll get out the GoPro for the bike and give the car a snort, it should be started and warmed up anyway.

• Like 1

Give me a buzz when you get to OKC. 

I would avoid the worst of summer (the last two weeks of July - first two weeks of August).  There are more days to ride in January than during those four weeks  I usually head to Colorado then.  

• Like 1

Give me a buzz when you get to OKC. 

I would avoid the worst of summer (the last two weeks of July - first two weeks of August).  There are more days to ride in January than during those four weeks  I usually head to Colorado then.  

We'll see how it pans out. I'm a bit of a desert rat- I'd much rather be hot than cold, so my primary weather consideration is the Montana mountains. But yeah, OK in the summer isn't exactly a riding Mecca. 

• 4 months later...

Since you're getting a late start and all, perhaps the Fourteenth South'n Spine Raid would be a fine, fine via point on your journey . . .

:mg:    (Fourteenth) South'n Spine Raid   :mg:

Weekend after Labor Day

Tellico Plains, Tenn., USA

:race:   *Get there. Bring tools*    :luigi:

https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=2842661#

(I see it's in the great void between everywhere you have planned to go. But, ya never know . . . plans change . . . B) )

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, this is going off hopefully this weekend.

I'm installing the Innovv K2 cameras tomorrow, then final garage stowage and off.

I intend to record and YouTube the install of the camera system (hopefully) and any particularly interesting bits of the ride along the way. 
Anybody along the route who wants to get together for coffee or a ride-along, let me know and PM me for my contact info. I'll be checking in on my FB page too;

https://www.facebook.com/eric.lacruze

Planned stops; 

North Arkansas

OKC,

Liberal, KS

Fort Collins, CO

Cheyenne, WY 

Yellowstone

Bozeman/Kalispell, MT

Seattle/Port Angeles, WA

Longview, WA

Portland, OR

Reno, NV

Cupertino, CA

Mullholland/Rock Store, CA

Las Vegas, NV

Mesa/Tucson, AZ

El Paso/Tyler, TX

Mobile, AL

Since you're getting a late start and all, perhaps the Fourteenth South'n Spine Raid would be a fine, fine via point on your journey . . .

:mg:    (Fourteenth) South'n Spine Raid   :mg:

Weekend after Labor Day

Tellico Plains, Tenn., USA

:race:   *Get there. Bring tools*    :luigi:

https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=2842661#

(I see it's in the great void between everywhere you have planned to go. But, ya never know . . . plans change . . . B) )

Aaannnndd....no. I really, really thought hard about it, but it's just a bit too far and I'm already thinking about the weather crossing the mountains in Montana. 

Change my mind.