Summer tour 2018

Pressureangle

Traveling but no Guzzi.

In Europe for a few weeks.  Amsterdam now, on down to Germany Austria,Switzerland,Italy and Paris.  Very impressed with the lifestyle here.  But I was almost killed by a bicyclist.  Had a great time in NYC.

Ok, I'm going to record and post on YouTube content I think worth seeing. 

I had recorded some of the actual work of installing the Innovv K2 camera system with my GoPro, but the battery pooped out somewhere along the way and I always hated the computer interface and editing of GoPro. So I uploaded the short phone version after everything was mounted and connected. 
I had to drill/dremel a slot in the fairing behind the RF turn signal to pass the camera cable connector through, but it's invisible after install. The rear camera worked out fine, might chafe the edge of the bodywork over time but if I had more time I'd drill a hole directly in the tail and have a Cyclops view out the back. Maybe some other time. The entire install, not counting cleaning up some other details along the way, took about 4 hours of work time. Without having to think through mounting points etc, this would be easy to do in 2 hours from a standing start.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpl1Fo_SKIsno9cA8kVzCsA/featured?view_as=subscriber

That link gets you to my channel, where I'll upload any other video along the way.

E.

Traveling but no Guzzi.

In Europe for a few weeks.  Amsterdam now, on down to Germany Austria,Switzerland,Italy and Paris.  Very impressed with the lifestyle here.  But I was almost killed by a bicyclist.  Had a great time in NYC.

Sweet!

Enjoy......

I thought I would check in with you all.  I am kicked back on the balcony with a clear view of the Austrian Alps.  Ernberg. I've got the Dead & Co playing on the speaker.  A great leftover lunch, sandwich, some dried sausage that makes a beefstick look like garbage, some great red wine I bought at their Aldi (5.99 E), and a Partagas cigar.  Like they say, it don't get any better.

The tour has been walking our asses off.  This afternoon was the only rest day and tomorrow is Venice.  Went to the local pool after seeing King Ludwig's castle.  I was the king of the Luge riders, much better than any rollercoaster, you actually have lean and brake it. The group was saying that my Guzzi sized body gave me an advantage with extra initeria.  Told them "not true, If you have to brake, you ain't using the inertia God gave ya."

Saw my first Guzzi at Ludwig's today, Stevlio.  The Dutch, tightwads, seem to like 20 year old sport bikes, kept like we keep ours (rain and no garages?).  The Germans ride anything but there are plenty of Panzer Beemers and a few Mulitstardas in the mix.

Internet is spotty, time is shorter.  My cell phone is only good an MP3 player, the most important thing.  

Time to pack and to think about a late meal or beer. But the wine has left me stationary.....

Give the Guzzi community my best.

• Like 3

Pretty awesome to share in European travel experiences. I do dream of sitting by the shore of Lago de Como.

Amazing to intercept Pressureangle on his extraordinary tour of the USA.

IMG_6424.jpg

• Like 1

Give me a buzz when you get to OKC.

I would avoid the worst of summer (the last two weeks of July - first two weeks of August). There are more days to ride in January than during those four weeks I usually head to Colorado then.

Been moving fast, but did make the Mid America air museum in Liberal, KS. Saw family and friends in Denver/Ft. Collins, Cheyenne rail museum- the U.P. Big Boy will be ready and pull passengers to Promontory point for the 150th of the transcontinental railroad in May...

• Like 2

^^^^^^^

Great pix.

Presume that is the aviation museum in Everett.  Spellbinding.

We have kids in Edmonds and I "make 'em" set aside time to visit there when we go.   This December next time. Note to self: check closed dates!

Best wishes for more fun riding and off.

Bill