Moto International

czakky

You can go and regret it or not go and regret it . You know what needs to be done 

It would not be the first regret I had to live with. Considering this means fighting a lot ton of Seattle traffic it's going to be a lot sitting on a freeway. I'm glad I did go to Raber's (vintage British parts place) when I got the Greenie because they also recently closed. Considering Dave won't be at MI I'm still questioning the value of stopping by. It'll be 8 hours of freeway riding (and traffic) or I could go ride somewhere fun.

Go somewhere fun. :race:

I talked with MI today to confirm a parts order. I wished the fellow the best of fortunes. He said they are all hoping to regroup under another business perhaps by next summer.

Best of luck to them all! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

You can go and regret it or not go and regret it . You know what needs to be done 

It would not be the first regret I had to live with. Considering this means fighting a lot ton of Seattle traffic it's going to be a lot sitting on a freeway. I'm glad I did go to Raber's (vintage British parts place) when I got the Greenie because they also recently closed. Considering Dave won't be at MI I'm still questioning the value of stopping by. It'll be 8 hours of freeway riding (and traffic) or I could go ride somewhere fun.

Doing the right thing is never the easy thing ! It never has been .

They just posted yesterday that they aren’t closing the doors until Oct. 15th.

For those of you who voted for me to visit probably haven’t enjoyed Seattle traffic on a Friday. Seattle already has some of the worse traffic in the country and it just gets twice as bad on Fridays.

• 8 months later...

I can't believe I missed all this. I have been a customer of Dave's since 1988. I bought my 1988 Cagiva Alazzurra and 2001 V11Sport from him at the various shops he was involved with in Seattle. I swung by last week to ask about replacement u-joints for the V11 and the shop was long gone. The was there last Fall and thought it seemed awfully quiet. Dave was there and we talked for a while. 

What a loss. Good things can't go on forever.

• Sad 1

Yes , I bought some things from them in the past . They were great . A motorcycle shop is a hobby you support and can't make a living from .

18 hours ago, gstallons said:

Yes , I bought some things from them in the past . They were great . A motorcycle shop is a hobby you support and can't make a living from .

Heard an interesting story about MI last weekend. Apparently Dave sold the business to a lady who used the money from an accident settlement to buy MI. She was in a bad crash and they had to rebuild most of her. Anyways, after she bought MI she was working, turned around or something and her pelvis fell apart. She went to the ground and that was it. That killed the business. Not sure why she didn't resell it although who would want a Guzzi dealership?

The last order they filled for me was within a month of closing and the nice fellow told me they hoped to regroup and reopen this summer. I hope it works out, but nothing will ever be the "old" MI with Dave and Greg. I had always called them "my local Moto Guzzi dealer in Seattle, Washington." (they're a thousand miles from me) . . .