Rosso Mandello paint codes and decals

Twin AH

Are you asking for the Rosso Mandello or the Coppa Italia?  I ask because your forum avatar image is a Coppa Italia.

That being said, I don't know the answer to either the paint or decal question.

But for the paint, most professional auto paint shops have the ability to match paint with a scanner.  And although painting plastic was a bit of a specialty many years ago, most shops can paint plastic now since so many cars have significant plastic body parts.

If no one here knows about the decals, you might try calling someone like Harpers MG to see if they know a source for OEM or even reproduction.

First, I'm not a painter, but I can paint. A little. My Kid taught me well.. :oldgit: I'm *guessing* the RM is a base coat with a "candy" coat over it.  Sure, it can be duplicated by someone with a good eye. The scanner Al is talking about will get you close, but it takes someone with an eye to get it perfect. Normally, it's a woman. Without women, there wouldn't be any colors like puce.. :2c:

Decals are easy with photographs, vinyl cutters for either paint masks or stick on.

The KId found this Spot laying on it's side on the floor of a barn, crashed. He repaired, painted, and made the Spot decals, etc.

28466720380_eda5d2779c_k.jpg2016-08-03_05-31-54 by Charles Stottlemyer, on Flickr

• Like 1

Hmmm..... The RM is an interesting one it appears as it is a flat color on the tail sections(and very soft at that) and the tank is the candy that a lot of the spinys are.

As far as the decals and the repro of them that also appears to be  a little trickier than expected.

Will give Curtis a shout for his thoughts on the matter.

Ciao

Well spoke with Curtis today..... came up with a big fat zero on all in regards to R/M decals(discontinued no supply) and paint codes.

Look after all those precious V-11s out there boys and girls its going to be a rough one to get things back to factory if you happen to ball one up while having some fun. :mellow:

Ciao for now.

• Like 1

I just recently had an estimate at the only real Guzzi shop in NorCal and they said that another V11 was in the shop for over half a year for them trying to put back together.  Just couldn't find parts anywhere.  We all pretty much know this though right.

Keep the shiny side up gents!

• 4 years later...

@Rolf Halvorsen do you have the tailpiece rosso mandello decals still?    Has anyone found paint codes for the candy paint or indeed the greysidepanels and tail?

Porkchops an unusual colour too...and need a refinish after 20 odd yrs ownership...

anyone??     andy    Ashford Kent UK