Moto GP COTA (12 April)

LowRyter

Currently trying to buy an ST4s just to ride to the race! I rode my V11 from LA to SF and back (obvs) and while that was fun, I could avoid the boring freeways, not really possible LA to Austin and back, would still love to catch up with some V11 owners, maybe someone should organize a drinks/hangout?

Would love to see The Doctor win in person!

LAG-  I plan to be there.  I might not be on a Guzzi.  If you get an ST4, Ducati has a huge deal there.

I'll be staying at the Rodeway North (Hwy 290).  Cheapest dive in town (Guzzi content).  Sticking around to ride the hill country for a few days too.   So I count 6 on various Guzzi boards and perhaps a few more riders I know.

I might wear my Rossi shirt.

Ducati Super Sport 939

I'll probably ride it to COTA.  Doesn't sound as good as the Sport, the styling is a close call but I still think the Greenie is best looking. 

The SS is 80lb lighter and has 110 horses and revs to 10k

1064BBF033BB4F2C88B26338955101C2.jpg

• Like 3

Darren my riding buddy and I have been arguing about seating.  I like Turn 1  and Ducati Island has taken it over.  Seems like DI has best value. He doesn't want to park his Griso or Yamaha or Beemer (whatever he rides) there.

For a couple years I sat at Turn 1, Turn 15/16, stood at turn 19 and even sat in the grandstands at COTA, now I just wander around and catch it from various angles rather than staying at one location...but depends also on the weather too...

Grisos are always welcomed in general moto parking...Scuras & Grisos don't need no stinkin' Ducati island!  :)

the deal is Paul, if I sit in Turn 1, I am not going to park a mile and half away and climb up the hill in the general parking area.  BTDT.

I'd be interested in your views of T15 vs T1.

Personally I think the best views are T1 or the Hairpin leading to the back straight (T11).  But the Hairpin has no TV and is only Gen Adm (no stands). 

the deal is Paul, if I sit in Turn 1, I am not going to park a mile and half away and climb up the hill in the general parking area.  BTDT.

I'd be interested in your views of T15 vs T1.

Personally I think the best views are T1 or the Hairpin leading to the back straight (T11).  But the Hairpin has no TV and is only Gen Adm (no stands). 

Agreed...it's a trek if you have to park that far away...I don't blame you!

Turn 15 is fun to see how far they lean...but turn 1 you do have a better longer view at the beginning and middle of the race, as you can see turn 20, the long stretch, the climb up the hill and turn 1 bunching and bumping...so it's better than turn 15/16.

At the end of the race, it's usually Marquez leading by 2-5 seconds depending on how far he's stretched and that's impressive to see him cresting the hill at Turn 1 while the next guy is just making the turn onto the straightaway!

Either way, the whole atmosphere is festive...the food sucks, but the environment is great.  Every other year I ride the elevator to the top of the tower to watch the planes fly by...great overview of the track and area.

Paul, I am with you, T1 is best. 

The issue is whether Darren will go to Ducati Island or if we go to the remaining seats in T1 on our own but he doesn't want to pay for parking.  But for a few more bux, Duc Island gets you T1 seats, close parking, swag, pit walk, zip line, lunch and pace lap.  it's just hard for me to pass that up. 

In past years, I had T1 all to myself -which was our original plan.  He's good to park down the hill behind T15 and walk to T1, BTDT,  nope.

Told him that Burgers are $15, turkey legs $22  and beer is $12.  And you can't bring food and drink inside (dirty bastards). 

Marquez is the whole reason I haven't been back in the last couple of years.

• Like 1

As a friend of mine once said...one doesn’t go on vacation to save money! Motorcycle parking is free anyway no matter where you park, So he could park outside, you could park at Ducati Island...and then just walk up from there!

I do hope there is a more competitive race this year, as much as I like Marquez it would be fun to see Rossi win here too!!