Pete Roper V11 slosh trays now available!

Pressureangle

On 1/17/2021 at 1:16 AM, Emeraldv11 said:

Hi, if you screw in a new bolt in and shake it from side to side you should find out if it needs helicoiling 

For me the screws stripped before the aluminum did. Which either says a lot about the Italian aluminum or something not so nice about the Italian SS.

The pair of slosh plates arrived today in Ireland, i must say someone is quite handy with the jigsaw.

Lovely job, a pitty to hide it but when my oil light flickered during heavy breaking i knew it was time to do something.

Thanks Eric and greetings from Cork,world capital of the sideway rains.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Emeraldv11 said:

Thanks Eric and greetings from Cork,world capital of the sideway rains.

Once upon a lifetime, I was working at a Texaco gas station in Belleville, Michigan, USA about 1985. A car full of people stopped for directions to the church up the street, for an extended family wedding. They were from Cork. They were flat hammered. Nobody cared and they apparently successfully navigated their way around. I've long since lost the contact information, but I did get a standing invitation to stay in Cork. It's on my long list of places to see. 

• Like 4

• 1 year later...

I have a Roper plate installed in a Bellagio and fill the oil to the underneath  of the plate.

Never had an issue yet with this and it's a little more than what the dip stick allows.

I think that semi dry dumping with a barrier like this allows a different oil level to be well tolerated. 

My bike when ridden hard is prone to oil expulsion from the exhaust and since installing Peter's plate this has stopped.

So with the Bellagio it's not so much that you fear uncovering the pick-up under acceleration but it's more about reducing oil foaming and overwhelming the condenser.

Why this short stroke engine is prone to whip creaming the oil is a mystery to me but it does in it's standard format.

Chris.

I just PM'd  @Pressureangle to add one of these to my pile. I waited until everyone had the chance to get one as I am the proud owner of :notworthy:The Very Last P.Roper MotoModa plate. :sun:

Still, the chance to own, and display, this awesome Rusty Star Picket Project plate is just too much for me to pass up.  :luigi:

Roperplate.jpg

• Haha 3

23 hours ago, footgoose said:

but which one will get installed?

I mean, mySport has never run better. I guess I'll install a Genuine / P.Roper MotoModa ® plate "when the time comes." Maybe when the Genuine Joe Caruso® timing gears get mounted.

Maybe replace the original valve cover gaskets . . .   :luigi:  ;)  :whistle:

I am very proud that V11LeMans.com, and @Pressureangle in particular, has honored @pete roper's engineering/design contribution to this community. :notworthy:  :nerd:   :luigi:       :mg:           

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, obliviousmonkey said:

Hope I’m not too late. Looking to buy one. 

Hey, @obliviousmonkey, pretty sure @Pressureangle monitors this thread, but just for extra measure I used the "@" notifier. If he doesn't get back to you pretty soon, consider clicking on his username and using the forum's "Message" feature . . .

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, docc said:

Hey, @obliviousmonkey, pretty sure @Pressureangle monitors this thread, but just for extra measure I used the "@" notifier. If he doesn't get back to you pretty soon, consider clicking on his username and using the forum's "Message" feature . . .

Thanks. I PM’d him as well.

I saw that you said you got the last one and freaked out. Ha.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, obliviousmonkey said:

Thanks. I PM’d him as well.

I saw that you said you got the last one and freaked out. Ha.

Well, I believe I got the Very Last Genuine MotoModa plate directly from Pete.  Last I heard from Pressureangle, he still has a few of these "P.Roper Authorized" Rusty Star Picket plates available . . .

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, docc said:

Well, I believe I got the Very Last Genuine MotoModa plate directly from Pete.  Last I heard from Pressureangle, he still has a few of these "P.Roper Authorized" Rusty Star Picket Plates available . . .

That’s what my brain told me but my bike said you better grab one fast.

• Haha 1