V11 Sport Ballabio registry

po18guy

Very nice. Except for the bars, identical to the one I bought. Which pipes are mounted?

The pipes are Giannelli slip on cans, apparently installed at new. I have the unused original cans in boxes. The rest of the pipes are stock. Other than the cans, everything else original other than the spring in the transmission shifter that breaks, and a power commander and removal of the smog canister. I have the spring from Scud, which has worked great after 3 broken ones from Guzzi and others. Moto Guzzi V11a.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
2 hours ago, Steve S said:

Just bought this low mileage Ballabio here in the UK

XTTU0459.JPG

Well done! So, it appears that the blue tailpiece and seat cover were done on purpose! OK, I suppose that adds a bit of Italian flair...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

2004 Ballabio, Red. ZGUKTCO234M111219.   483 miles. Yes, 4-8-3. I'm the original owner. This bike was on display at a Cagiva Store @ Marshall Field's flagship on State St in Chicago in 2004. I bought it from Cagiva in late 2004 with 5.3 miles. Came with factory-issued La Franconi 'Carbon Fiber' slip-ons as well as the stock. Clearly, AC stored it because of provenance (with other bikes bought in crates from factories). Ride it just enough (varied rpms). Changed battery once despite always trickle charged. Changed all oils once and front brake pads (caliper weeped into). Bled brakes front same time. Replaced Brembo o-ring. Original Metzeler M1s still have no dry rot. Rode it today. Expect break in circa 2036.

IMG_2927.jpg

• Like 5

Welcome, beckerman! Out of decency, in a 12-month riding-year state, do put a few miles on it. It's true that your have to head to Georgia to find any twisty roads (or ride Hghway 41 at the ton). Oh, and you can bin that rotary phone! They make Princess phones now. Little humor(?) there... 

7 hours ago, po18guy said:

Welcome, beckerman! Out of decency, in a 12-month riding-year state, do put a few miles on it. It's true that your have to head to Georgia to find any twisty roads (or ride Hghway 41 at the ton). Oh, and you can bin that rotary phone! They make Princess phones now. Little humor(?) there... 

Thanks. Fortunate to have a few interesting choices to ride (or drive). Ballabio has only averaged on the low end in 17 years. She is well-cared for and runs well though...as all Moto Guzzis in my years of enjoying them. 40s-70s rotary phones stay...including pay varieties. They are mostly blue-toothed, not a total luddite. lol

• Haha 1

• 11 months later...

I have a 2004 V11 Sport Ballabio with 36,000 miles on the clock, bought with a salvage title in 2010 when it had 5,000 miles .One odd thing, it had bronze colored valve cover's. I had them painted in the frame/wheel color and just repainted them and the wheel's. The image is old, I have a full Mistral system on it now.

DSC_0007.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, buellish1 said:

I have a 2004 V11 Sport Ballabio with 36,000 miles on the clock, bought with a salvage title in 2010 when it had 5,000 miles .One odd thing, it had bronze colored valve cover's. I had them painted in the frame/wheel color and just repainted them and the wheel's. The image is old, I have a full Mistral system on it now.

DSC_0007.JPG

Maybe post the VIN for comparative purposes. Was it a cosmetic total or some other damage?

It was mostly cosmetic, with the exception of a pretty serious gas leak up in the tunnel, which was repaired by my painter several times over an 8 year period. I found another tank a year and a half ago, had it and the fly screen repainted. The vin is ZGUKTC0224M111180.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...