S'xteenth South'n Spine Raid 2020

docc

I have been discussing with docc about conducting another V11 tuning session during Spine Raid 2020.  I have all the cables for connection,  a new to me (non-electrical bloke) Fluke 117 multi meter,  a spare TPS,  a bunch of spare stainless steel hex head cap screws to replace the TORX screws in TPS and finally the TWIN-MAXX cylinder balancing tool.  However, I am short on both computer knowledge/ability and a computer to do the guzzidiag part of the decent tuneup.

Wondering if anyone technically (computer) inclined could bring along a computer device with guzzidiag loaded to use in a tune up session?  I will surely be happy to compensate anyone for the trouble.  If not,I will bring along my small desktop computer (Windows10) that I loaded guzzidiag on in hopes someone can guide me thru it.

Edited by Tom in Virginia
add info
  • Like 2

That’s a good idea! I’m going to bring my 

https://motool.co/products/slacker-digital-suspension-tuner-v4

and tools so we can check and set suspensions also. I’ve decided to trailer my bike down. I just don’t wanna wipe myself out cramming In 1,500 miles in a few days and then get right back to work. My project is picking up steam and I need to crack the whip! So o don’t want to take too much time off.

We’ll have a emergency vehicle if needed... I can bring tools along. My significant other wants to tag along... should be fun. Looking forward to meeting everyone! 

• Like 4

On 8/14/2020 at 11:08 PM, Tom in Virginia said:

I have been discussing with docc about conducting another V11 tuning session during Spine Raid 2020.  I have all the cables for connection,  a new to me (non-electrical bloke) Fluke 117 multi meter,  a spare TPS,  a bunch of spare stainless steel hex head cap screws to replace the TORX screws in TPS and finally the TWIN-MAXX cylinder balancing tool.  However, I am short on both computer knowledge/ability and a computer to do the guzzidiag part of the decent tuneup.

Wondering if anyone technically (computer) inclined could bring along a computer device with guzzidiag loaded to use in a tune up session?  I will surely be happy to compensate anyone for the trouble.  If not,I will bring along my small desktop computer (Windows10) that I loaded guzzidiag on in hopes someone can guide me thru it.

I'm bringing a Lenovo Flex tablet that has it loaded as well as cables and a couple of different map .bins.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Well, just the Coppa is going to make it down. Wife is going to follow along with the SUV and tools and such. Maybe her V7 will be there next year.

• Like 2

Aw . . . . seems to be a lot of that going around these days. :unsure:

Lay in a course for next year, the South'n SpineRaid's 7'teenth and Moto Guzzi's Centesimo! We're gonna have a big blow out (not really) and pull out all the stops (not really doing anything differently). :mg::race::bier:

Well, okay, maybe we'll bring more tools . . . :luigi:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Guy's

When are you going to do a REAL  Southern Spine raid ??

Like the Southern hemisphere  per chance!!

You could call it the EXTREME Southern Spine Raid perhaps ?

Seriously   though, hope the planets  align and it's a goer for you all.Have a bloody good time and enjoy it eh.

It would be a hoot to be able to be there and catch up for a ride and a few sherbets afterwards.

Take plenty of photos for us down here eh!!

Cheers Guzzler

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Blueboarhound said:

Scott (Café Cali) will be attending. Unfortunately Adam is not able to make it this year. 

Gonna miss seeing Adam and his sweet Rosso Mandello. Be nice to see Scott again!

• Like 1

About a week out and I see I started the Sport's shakedown three months ago and have ridden it over 2700 miles. About as ready as it can possibly be and  properly separated from the Waddington Effect (unwanted outcomes from my messing with it :huh:).  I told a buddy that if I didn't saddle up and head out next week she would probably sprout a cortex and leave without me!  :grin:

SpineRaiders are looking to number 10-14 for this S'xteenth South'n.  Y'all ride well, ya hear? :race:

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

On 9/2/2020 at 6:56 PM, docc said:

About a week out and I see I started the Sport's shakedown three months ago and have ridden it over 2700 miles. About as ready as it can possibly be and  properly separated from the Waddington Effect (unwanted outcomes from my messing with it :huh:).  I told a buddy that if I didn't saddle up and head out next week she would probably sprout a cortex and leave without me!  :grin:

SpineRaiders are looking to number 10-14 for this S'xteenth South'n.  Y'all ride well, ya hear? :race:

My bike's in same situation, she's tired of takedown/reassembly and wants some ride time.  Now, coils due Tuesday from MGG Cycle so tanks coming off off again.  Still gonna be there, just may have to bring a backup ride so I'm not left watching :lol:

• Like 2

On 9/2/2020 at 6:56 PM, docc said:

Luckily the starter decided to give up the ghost two weeks ago. I had a spare ready and waiting so all should be well.

• Like 3