V11 sport inexpensive exhaust mods

ajsmith184

So as I look around at used v11s, I have noticed many still run the stock exhaust and the options for aftermarket are slim and what's there is very expensive (to me) on an 18 year old bike. Ive searched the site and a lot of the threads that detailed inexpensive exhaust mods haven't held up over the years with pictures etc. I am not particularly concerned with weight, I just want it to sound good.

What can be done? Or is there a more inexpensive alternative? I was thinking $400 or so for exhaust but everything I have found is almost double that :wacko:

47 minutes ago, gstallons said:

These bikes are not made for the thrifty . 

Maybe V11s are different, but coming from a Griso and being around the Guzzi scene I've seen Guzzi riders as some of the "thriftiest" motorcyclist out there. Im sure someones reading this and snapping their suspenders before they reply to me :grin:

• Haha 2

Since it's really just Mistral at this point with very little competition, their prices are high, but they are well-made. Perhaps consider foregoing the next $1000 iPhone upgrade and get some nice Mistral carbon fiber slip-ons. You won't regret it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If you could find some universal silencers with the correct diameter, would there be a lot of difficulty getting the bike to run ok?

if the worst result was a slight change in hp could that be worth a try?  Or would you need to guzzidiag it?

• Like 1

If you could find some universal silencers with the correct diameter, would there be a lot of difficulty getting the bike to run ok?
if the worst result was a slight change in hp could that be worth a try?  Or would you need to guzzidiag it?
When I installed my Mistral slip ons and crossovers, I installed a pre-programmed Power Commander, my V11 Scura ran perfectly afterwards and had better acceleration - especially above 5,000 rpms

Delkevic makes good quality, inexpensive carbon fiber slip-ons - I have one on my VFR800. I'm sure they have some with the same diameter pipe. The only thing is you'll have to fabricate custom bracket hangers to work with your V11. It will reduce your exhaust back pressure, so best to tune with a Power Commander or Guzzidiag.

My bike has a crossover, cans and PC on it.  Runs good.

I'd think the crossover would be the unique piece.  Like 4C says, lots of slip on cans.  Those Delkevic look like good value, I was interested to hear about them from an owner.   I'd think a Beetle Map would be a cheaper option vs PC.

2 hours ago, 4corsa said:

Since it's really just Mistral at this point with very little competition, their prices are high, but they are well-made. Perhaps consider foregoing the next $1000 iPhone upgrade and get some nice Mistral carbon fiber slip-ons. You won't regret it.

I am lucky and get a phone from my employer :grin:

Hard for me to justify an exhaust that's 25% of the current value on these when they are 18 years old. 

Keep an eye on the classifieds (and ebay) for a used set. Watch out for damage to one side as the cans often take the hit in a tip-over (or slide).

This is an older thread an unpacking the factory cans:

Mivv cans can be had for just over 400. GPR makes a 2 into 1 that is inexpensive. 

You can buy used Mistrals for cheap. But drilling a stock can is no bueno. 

• 2 years later...