Garage Brewed Bike Show

nobleswood

Dorcia thought she's take me to this for Valentine's day. :grin: Maybe hit another brewery, go out to eat, stay overnight. She's such a good girl..

Any recommendations, Tim?

• Like 1

Last year was the first time I made it there. Expect it to be busy with a line.

Recommendations 🤔

Cadre Cycle is a great place to visit, & come to think of it, probably a good place to ask about Breweries 👍

• Like 1

I'm planning to go this time and thanks for the heads up.

If you like traditional German food, bier, and live music, I recommend https://www.hofbrauhausnewport.com/

Easy access across the river in Newport, near the Aquarium and Newport on the Levee mall. Cross over Taylor Southgate bridge off Broadway. Saw my first Zydeco band there.

• Like 1

Wow, would really like to attend, but too many miles in between, alas.  Am particularly smitten by the pic of the only bike prettier than a MG V11 or Norton Commando (edit note: venue is up tight about hot linking images, guess they don't like the free advertising, so similar images substituted below):

Ducati-750-Sport-with-Fairing.jpg&f=1&no

Never scored one of those, but did finally snag a V11.  Also got one of these consolation prizes:

m146.jpg

Congrats to all those who will attend this event.  Good beer and classic bikes, what's not to like?  B)

Edited by Nihontochicken
Image hot link sensitivity.
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Nihontochicken said:

(edit note: venue is up tight about hot linking images . . .)

So, what is meant by "hot linking?"

I used "copy image location" for the image above and it displays fine. I am using this feature exclusively to display others' images besides those I host on imgzeit  . . .

8 hours ago, docc said:

So, what is meant by "hot linking?"

I used "copy image location" for the image above and it displays fine. I am using this feature exclusively to display others' images besides those I host on imgzeit  . . .

In this case, it might be an internet way of saying "ripped from another site" :shrug:

https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hotlinking

Hotlinking is an internet term. It means displaying an image on a website by linking to the website hosting the image. The link gets the source data of the picture each time it is needed.

This avoids having the image on every website which uses it. So, a website owner uses a link to the picture such as http://example.com/picture.jpg. When the hotlinking website is loaded, the image is loaded from the original website, which uses its bandwidth, so it costs the hotlinked website money. For this reason many website owners use .htaccess files to prevent hotlinking. In some cases website owners use the .htaccess file to replace any hotlinked images with an offensive image to deter any other website owners from hotlinking.

The original image may be owned by the original website. It might be wrong to make a copy of the original image file for use on a different web page, without being careful to get proper permission.

Hotlinking can also be used for file types other than images, including documents and videos.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Our ISP is (almost) tits up right now, so I can't show pix. Saw Footgoose briefly, an airhead beemer couple from southern Indiana, and John & Karla Barnes with step son Todd. (Kentucky rally movers and shakers.)  Stayed in the downtown Art deco Hilton, and rode the trolley right to the brewery. :thumbsup:

The beer was good.. :rasta:

• Like 3

There were 3 (Three!) V11 Lemans at the Number Two Show on Saturday. I haven't ever seen three LeMans (or V11 Sports for that case) in one place before!

LZ1M4dn.jpg

F2SRXul.jpg

oiRzKT4.jpg

lCp5mjm.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1