MGTD-III Pix

Bill Hagan

Howdy from the top of Virginia.

I recently hosted and survived “MGTD-III” [Moto Grappa Tech Days], an annual (at least has been for three years) event that brings together some Moto Guzzi owners -- including Nobleswood here :D -- to work, à la Tom Sawyer, on my Guzzis.

And, while feminists may groan, it’s a “no wimmen allowed” gathering.  Kathi goes elsewhere (this time to Erie) because why would she (or any other woman) hang around 15 guys who mostly get greasy from wrenching motorcycles, eat lots of bad food, drink beer and bourbon, belch, tell lies, snore loudly, and worse?

I culled my bazzilion photos and cobbled those into a captioned slideshow of this past weekend.  Yes, of course, too many, but that’s me. :P

On the bright side, while best viewed in slideshow fashion, they first come up in “landscape collage,” meaning you can see all at once without going through them one by one.  “Hover” your cursor over them to reveal captions.

Here are the pix:  MGTD-III Slideshow

Bill

P.S.  Kathi is on her way back home and about 4 hours out.  I better get back to “hiding the evidence” or the next party here will be my wake!  :grin:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Chuck said:

That's a pretty rough crowd you are hanging with, Bill..

Makes South’n SpineRaiders look like the Sandra Dee Fanclub....  :nerd:

• Confused 1

15 hours ago, docc said:

Makes South’n SpineRaiders look like the Sandra Dee Fanclub....  :nerd:

10 hours ago, footgoose said:

Fixin' season done right! Good times Bill.

I do like Sandra Dee Docc....

Second the "like Sandra Dee" motion, tho not sure enough to join this: https://www.fanpop.com/clubs/sandra-dee :D

As I recall -- tho that is occasionally the problem! :rolleyes: -- there are bacchanalian moments during every SSR that rival the best of MGTD. :drink::bier:

Kathi is now home and wandering about the house muttering.  And, here I thought I had engineered a stupendous recovery operation following MGTD-III. :huh2:  I get the impression that there will be "consequences."   :grin:

Bill

• Haha 1

I looked for a representative image of MGTD-III and settled on this one. Thanks, Bill, for hosting this event and sharing it with those of us who pine to be there . . .

i-TtxZ4t6-XL.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There were a couple other images I considered, but there were too many uniforms and turn-out gear involved . . . :o

I mean, there are those that may recall the SSR "lead bike" being passed on the right by >lights&sirens< :wacko:

I admit, I did not see (or hear) that coming . . . 

These things can get edgy, even with our best intentions . . .  ;)

• Like 1

I was fairly certain that I was sent an invite by mistake, but they allowed me to hold the flashlight for Nick, do the dishes & load firewood.

No body raised the issue so I stayed :lol:.

For riding bikes it's a great part of the world, I was envious. Bill was & if Kathy allows, is, a generous host. :bier:

• Like 2