16 hours ago, LowRyter said:

I don't carry big cameras to concerts.  I like to watch the show and not lug around a big camera.  Also don't want to bother other concertgoers. 

But, I have a Lumix ZS100.  It's a little bigger than a cigarette pack.   With that little one inch sensor, the reach is full frame equivalent of 250mm.  It's got 20 odd megapixels but is a little hit and miss in the results.  It works OK in automode, not so much in the others (although I found some tweak settings on forum that helps).  The key is to have a ready exposure compensation control which I've programmed to the lens ring.  It's usually best to under expose those shots because the background is dark and subject is brightly lit, sometimes in the spot light.  Not only so you get the right exposure, it also shortens the shutter speed and reduces blur. 

You're Fuji is a fixed lens APS-C?  Much bigger sensor for higher quality photos suited for more close up and portrait stuff.  It might be a challenge unless you have great seats.  The little Lumix is a good travel camera that I took for a month long trip to Europe.

D54080C79F904C1E93DBF53D87B26379.jpg

C60C32AF0D74462FBE72DFA63FB3C2AE.jpg

1BB18516DF924ECC98F58B2CF82F9EA6.jpg

OK, I'll look for any excuse to post photos and talk photography 

Awright!

I think we have to create a specific topic for those of us who are into photography.

I am into "Product Photography", and I love TS-E lenses. I use them everywhere I can.

Happy Holiday Season 2018_DM30907Merry Christmas box detailsAllegra B'day cakeGolosita!_DM30307_DM30196_DM30188Image 7-4-18 at 7.08 PM_DM38097

• Like 1

I had to look up TSE lenses.  Didn't know about them.  Apparently the lens can be angled on the camera body which creates different focal lengths from widest to the narrowest angle to the sensor?  So, that can accentuate or control the depth of field in the photo.    

I'm not sure I got that right but that's my rudimentary understanding. 

Are you a professional taking photos for ads?  

21 hours ago, LowRyter said:

I had to look up TSE lenses.  Didn't know about them.  Apparently the lens can be angled on the camera body which creates different focal lengths from widest to the narrowest angle to the sensor?  So, that can accentuate or control the depth of field in the photo.    

I'm not sure I got that right but that's my rudimentary understanding. 

Are you a professional taking photos for ads?  

I am not a professional, but I always liked photography. It started a long time ago, so I did photo with a film camera and moved with the technology.

I so far refused to use a phone, because I feel it denatures the purpose. Photography has now become a thoughtless process.

I don't do selfies either.

TS-E lenses are fascinating, and they can be used for anything as a standard prime one.

There are a few domains where they excel at; you understood it correctly! if you look at the 6th photo from the top in my thread, you can tell I used this principle to have only the front row in focus.

It is very useful in architecture too, as you get the perspective right.

There also is the miniaturization effect, and the ability to shoot from the side and make it look like it is straight. Like shooting yourself in front of mirror, but with the camera invisible:

TS-E lens self shot example

The major draw back of these, they are bloody expensive (obviously), and manual focus only.

But once you start using them, you are usually hooked up.

I have two of the older ones. The 24mm and the 90mm.

When I get around it, I will make some Le Mans Tilt and Shift examples.

I also like Candid photography, the Robert Doisneau style. In today's world, people no longer want you to take pictures of them. However this Japanese lady was kind enough to let me. This was in Grom, NYC.

_N4A1701

• Like 1