Dropped the Balabio

LangleyMalc

3 hours ago, gstallons said:

The frame plate fits the red frame ONLY . Trust me , I have an extra to prove it !

True that. But Tinus89's Rosso Mandello has a 'red frame', but black. The RM has an early frame. The exception to the red frame- black frame differences.

• Like 1

Let me change my answer , you better look to see if there is something to bolt the brace to before you buy . 

You do understand , there are no laws w/Moto Guzzi , only loose rules .

12 hours ago, footgoose said:

True that. But Tinus89's Rosso Mandello has a 'red frame', but black. The RM has an early frame. The exception to the red frame- black frame differences.

Seems all the dimensions, and the auxiliary subframes,  of the Rosso Mandello black frame of 2001 are identical to the early RedFrames except the bracket to mount the center plate. Tinus89 did weld one onto his RM. The same would have to be done to add this plate to the later LobgFrames . . .

56 minutes ago, footgoose said:

ahh, thanks for the memories docc:blush:

Hey, who knows, maybe some RM have the bracket and some don't . .  . I know a guy to ask about one more . . .

I have a 2000 Sport Greenie..Red frame..it has the aforementioned tab/mount with the 2 holes

I also Have a 2001 Rosso Mandello..Black Frame..It does not have that same mount.....

Cheers!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, docc said:

Good advice on checking for gearbox mount cracking. Happened to my Sport, as well. :(

The center spine plate is fiddly to install, but worth mounting on the early RedFrame Sports. Later "LongFrames" like the Ballabio do not have the mounting point on the underside of the spine, but didn't you have to add that to your Rosso Mandello black ShortFrame, @Tinus89 ?

Nope, it did not have that mount. It does now-_-

17 hours ago, docc said:

Or, actually, this "frame plate"? Under the spine, mid-way, connecting to the junction of the back of the motor and front of the gearbox . . .

55_pct_frame_mount.JPG

Yes, I added this plate Docc.

16 hours ago, gstallons said:

The frame plate fits the red frame ONLY . Trust me , I have an extra to prove it !

It does. Unless you weld a mount on the frame to receive the plate, like I did.

• Thanks 1

Try Chilliwack Motorcycles , ask for Matt Hill . They might have some V11 parts still from when they had the Guzzi dealership . Gord might have some in his garage , Matts dad . Sorry to see this but glad your daughters ok , could of been a lot worse . 

The bike came from Gord in the first place and I always got good service from them.  Sorry to see Gord retire. I will talk to Matt once I have a clear picture of where I am going on this. 
thanks  

Well I got down to the Gearbox and no cracks!  Also picked up some replacement cans and a head guard from Gary Saks in Mission. So now I need a left hand foot peg and a gearshift lever, plus a black Brembo adjustable clutch lever. Between Harpers and MG I can find both but with the border being closed it may be a trip to International Motorsports and wait for Piaggio to deliver- eventually. 
I will also post in items wanted to see if anyone has them “lying around” but otherwise may have to bend over and pay the postage etc. 

• Haha 1

There is no such thing as a sure thing, but the last I checked with USPS,Canada Post & other carriers, although running a few days slower than usual the Canada/US border is still open for mail and parcel delivery, fwiw.

• 8 months later...

No it is still in kit form. I purchased all the necessary parts including some second hand bits from the US that we’re apparently made of Unobtanium but those bits are sitting in Point Robert’s on the wrong side of the Border (along with my boat)! Not sure I will get to see either of them until late Spring. 
I did however get a Stelvio during the year to add to the collection and put some miles through that and the California, so all was not lost. Now we need the rain to stop and I can start to use them again. Roll on Spring. 
Happy Xmas to all. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1