Timing Gear set

Ray Sandoz

Oh I'm not too fussed, I'm triple vaxxed and even with the bad lungs and dickie heart I'm not at deaths door quite yet.:oldgit:

Im more concerned about the possibility of passing it on to Michael due to his disability. My mate Mark had it and he only has one kidney and several other shitty body issues and it really knocked the stuffing out of him.

I'm not going to be taking any risks, believe me! I even put my cage fighting championship bout on hold!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

Very nice, all of the good wishes for each other's health.  Thank you for not drifting this Technical Topic too far afield.

Joe Caruso dropped my gears at a Royal Post Office in central England a week ago. The tracking could have them in my hands tomorrow. If that window is missed, it will be next week. Amazing, really. :luigi:

With no pressing need, my Sport will not likely shed its timing chest before the Eighteenth South'n Spine Raid come September.

• Like 1

FWIW, I was going to split the Corona posts into our "Banter and Special Conversation" subforum, but see that thread devolved into photography and confectioneries.

Sheesh! Who is the Moderator here?!? :wacko:

44212415675_49dd71f89e_b.jpg

16 hours ago, pete roper said:

When I was running steel gears in my old roundfin engine I blocked the drain holes to the sump in the bottom of the chest and drilled a couple in the back wall of the chest so the pump gear ran in a bath and fed oil up the train. Was it needed? I have no idea but it seemed like a good idea at the time.:D

Not being as familiar as many here I didn't know that the V11 and early Hi-Cam motors used revised drainage from the timing chest. Earlier Tonti squarefin engines still used the drains at the bottom of the chest though.

With the Nuovo 8V's I also can't remember what the drainage set up is but I have a block on the bench so I can check when I next go in to the old workshop. That may be a few days off though as we went down to Melbourne to visit #2 son on Monday and spent Tuesday evening with him. This morning he was feeling shithouse so he tested himself and sure enough he's stuffed full of Covid! Now we were outside for most of the time we were with him but we'll isolate for a few days to avoid the risk of infecting anyone else if we are carrying so block inspection may take a a bit longer than it normally would....

Best to your son and your family.   Stay in touch more often too.  We miss your wit and knowledge.   

And if you're cooped up in isolation and want to vent,  this is the place.  :o  (I can't say that abut WG)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, LowRyter said:

Best to your son and your family.   Stay in touch more often too.  We miss your wit and knowledge.   

And if you're cooped up in isolation and want to vent,  this is the place.  :o  (I can't say that abut WG)

Here, where we endeavor to blend torque values with LocTite applications with "I love you, man!" :drink:

44212415675_49dd71f89e_b.jpg

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, docc said:

Also, FWIW, Joe told me all of the V11 gear sets in this run are already spoken for.

Looking forward to everyone’s reports back.

Especially Scud’s

(btw 4 rellies all pure-bloods

Pete, triple vaxxed - bit like drinking Feral’s Hop Hog.. 3 pints are better just to make sure!)

🍺😆

• Haha 1

My  :notworthy:  Joe Caruso timing gears and relieved cam bushing came today, one week shipped from the heart of England. I have never received anything packed this well, or dealt with anyone finer than Joe. :thumbsup:

The pieces look awesome! :luigi:

IMG_6896.jpg

• Like 6

:food:

Cheers Tom.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, docc said:

My  :notworthy:  Joe Caruso timing gears and relieved cam bushing came today, one week shipped from the heart of England. I have never received anything packed this well, or dealt with anyone finer than Joe. :thumbsup:

IMG_6896.jpg

those will fit in yer saddlebags Docc. :rolleyes:It'd be a great tech session at SSR:luigi:

I'll "bring tools"

• Haha 3

51 minutes ago, footgoose said:

those will fit in yer saddlebags Docc. :rolleyes:It'd be a great tech session at SSR:luigi:

I'll "bring tools"

I'm always fighting it out with The Waddington Effect to make the South'n SpineRaid. Planning a "Decent Tune-up" at 125,000 miles (valve lash, spark plugs, TPS, throttle body balance). Maybe a tank-off (air and fuel filters) and tires before the South'n SpineRaid.

But, nothing "major!" :huh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, docc said:

IMG_6896.jpg

Yeah, what he said.:thumbsup:
Hope to have them installed this weekend.:luigi:

• Like 1