Timing Gear set

Ray Sandoz

On 7/17/2022 at 8:41 AM, ScuRoo said:

Thanks A Y
’runs good stationary’ is a start - but looking forward to that ride report! Three months later hopefully you’ve managed to get in enough saddle time to add in some further impressions on the impact your gears make.

Thanks VeeEleven - your note ‘She just runs better’ concurs with Pressureangle’s impressions.

But - do you recall if your valves were incorrectly gapped in any way before your gear installation??

Pressureangle relayed previously his were tight & required adjustment - so this also needs to be accounted for ie., hard starting etc., as opposed to all subsequent benefits being simply apportioned to the gears.

Pressureangle’s experience with his drivetrain lash amelioration is highly intriguing - and maybe warrants further observations or analysis by other gear recipients enquiring minds!

I’m hoping everyone who bought JC’s gears installs & are able to follow up with their impressions - adds a collective depth of experience to this thread before it merely runs cold without definitive dispassionate conclusions.

(Any comparative commentary ie., Valtech, additionally provides clarity to this threads historical value in the future).

Sorry for late reply. Been busy riding. ;)
My valves were set per Meinolfs latest spec and she just had a decent tune-up, so the only change at the time were the timing gears.

• 5 months later...
On 2/4/2023 at 10:30 PM, al_roethlisberger said:

Well after all the very positive feedback in this and the other thread...  dangit, looks like I may have to budget another $1k toward the rehab list :P

Maybe a phase 2 after the basics are covered and issues sorted...

I reached out to Joe and as before, the wait for the next batch is probably late 2023.  But he said it was a good time to get "on the list" as the factory owner is in his seventies and the staff employed has been reduced by half this year so everything is taking even longer. 

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, al_roethlisberger said:

I reached out to Joe and as before, the wait for the next batch is probably late 2023.  But he said it was a good time to get "on the list" as the factory owner is in his seventies and the staff employed has been reduced by half this year so everything is taking even longer. 

I reached out to Joe a couple seasons ago and told him when he's ready to throw in the towel I'd source the gears for the community. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2