Mirror, mirrors . . .

docc

Took the round OEMs off and put on a pair of $10 eBay sorta-flag-shaped mirrors. Better, but still not "there." Saw some  Ken Sean bar ends on Amazon. Picked up a pair and found that the bungs would not fit in the alloy bars. So, ordered some Delrin rod and fabbed some up. The Ken Sean rubber was too soft in any case. Wider, but better view on the freeway/interstate/motorway/auto strada/Autobahn.  And., they fold when parking in the garage. Still vibey, so I will probably drill a small hole and pour some epoxy or maybe polyester resin in the mirror bodies to change their harmonics.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, docc said:

Yeah, baby! B)

Ooooooh, yeeeeah! :sun:

IMG_2545.jpg

It's only recently that I've noticed how sexy the curvy lines are on the V11s from the rear, but I must admit, I think there is a design conflict when the reflection behind you is measured in acreage not square inches, js,lol.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, LowRyter said:

Docc, sorry your bike broke down and you had to trailer it.   I should be more sensitive.   :o

Heh, well, she has been on a roll-back a couple times in the last couple years. :blush: But this was more about taking bikes to see my brother and meet up with some Guzzi guys in Florida. Just could not bring myself to ride the length of Alabama . . . :bbblll:

DSCN2978.jpg

I really did intend to move this thread to "Banter" as I cooked it up as a spoof. Now, I would really like to see and hear what others have done with their mirrors. While lots of alternatives tend to be  barends, I know there are others. Like @LuckyPhil's quality solution. Maybe he'll post them up here . . .

If'n I can get him speaking to me again . . . ;)

• Like 1

So far as mirrors go, the Lane Splitters were worn out, the little springing mechanism gave out and the mirrors would blow back against the wind at speed.   Typical of those mirrors.

So I found some mirrors on EBay.  They were about $25 (Guzzi content) and made from aluminum.  Had a great style like $150 Rizoma mirrors, the glass has a little blue tint.  They look and work great. (Much better than what Ducati calls as mirrors).  

1E48394D962A453B88420AF047BF9E60.jpg2B7945EFB1824DAE8DA1D9A3B6744BCD.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LowRyter said:

So far as mirrors go, the Lane Splitters were worn out, the little springing mechanism gave out and the mirrors would blow back against the wind at speed.   Typical of those mirrors.

So I found some mirrors on EBay.  They were about $25 (Guzzi content) and made from aluminum.  Had a great style like $150 Rizoma mirrors, the glass has a little blue tint.  They look and work great. (Much better than what Ducati calls as mirrors).  

1E48394D962A453B88420AF047BF9E60.jpg2B7945EFB1824DAE8DA1D9A3B6744BCD.jpg

I have bought two pairs of those same mirrors on ebay ages ago. Even down to the blue tint of the mirror glass.

One pair was on my Griso, the other pair was on my Daytona. Currently I needed / wanted mirrors on our bicycles, so I grabbed a pair and installed one each on each of our bicycles. Sadly, the Griso is laid up with clutch issues and doesn't need them, while the Daytona needs a new battery.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, 80CX100 said:

It's only recently that I've noticed how sexy the curvy lines are on the V11s from the rear, but I must admit, I think there is a design conflict when the reflection behind you is measured in acreage not square inches, js,lol.

It took me a long time to appreciate the V11 tail. I could just never see a V7 Sport in it (or in the tank for that matter).

Big revelation when this was explained by the designer in the animaguzzista interview...

moto_guzzi_gambalunga.jpg

Mirrors on a Gambalunghino? No stinkin' mirrors!

Alright, alright, I hunted up this image of Lucky Phil's set-up. Pretty sure he just can't bear to click on this thread and suffer all the dreadful barends.  :blink:

"Look at the Rizoma mirrors on my bike, beautifully made small and discrete but still useful, almost perfect." (Lucky Phil)

small.guzzi_seat_004.JPG.b7d143d3c13832a

Pretty much any mirror is like a wart but you do need them on a road bike, at least until someone comes up with a decent helmet or cycle mounted rear vision LED  screen. 

Here are mine, Rizzoma bought 8 or so years ago. As small and neat as I could find and still provide a decent rear view. Owing to my massive,broad and manly shoulders I have them extending about an inch past the bar tips but you can adjust them in further and down further if you want a more stealth look. Quality pieces.

DSC01096.JPG

DSC01095.JPG

DSC01094.JPG

Ciao

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, docc said:

Alright, alright, I hunted up this image of Lucky Phil's set-up. Pretty sure he just can't bear to click on this thread and suffer all the dreadful barends.  :blink:

"Look at the Rizoma mirrors on my bike, beautifully made small and discrete but still useful, almost perfect." (Lucky Phil)

small.guzzi_seat_004.JPG.b7d143d3c13832a

So glad I got the bins in the shot docc:)

Ciao

• Haha 1

I was going to say something clever about the matching bins, but figured I'm on thin ice already . . . :unsure:

• Like 1

Just now, docc said:

I was going to say something clever about the matching bins, but figured I'm on thin ice already . . . :unsure:

I'm so subliminally artistic it just comes without even being aware.

Ciao 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Lucky Phil said:

I'm so subliminally artistic it just comes without even being aware.

Ciao 

:grin: Hey, this is a classy shot:

small.DSC01094.JPG.dec3e6b628ae278e09bf5

And this one just sneaks in a peek of a Daytona motor. How frikkin' cool is that?!?

small.DSC01096.JPG.c2aa729b81e117ea92a80

Those really are very nice mirrors. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Lucky Phil said:

Pretty much any mirror is like a wart . . .

This made me laugh at the warts I traded my stock-stalk mirrors for . . .

Coupl'a Noxema jars. :rolleyes:

IMG_1379.jpg

• Haha 1