Mirror, mirrors . . .

docc

The gold lever blades look a little "in your face" in the images, there're not as bad in real life. Those levers are so nicely made and functional and dirt cheap on ebay. I rate them. The only improvement that could be made is that the tiny indexing ball for the span adjuster tends to rust but its a simple and cheap solution to source a few SS bearing ball from the bearing shop and replace them. Should have gone with the silver blades and adjuster.

Ciao

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lucky Phil said:

The only improvement that could be made is that the tiny indexing ball for the span adjuster tends to rust but its a simple and cheap solution to source a few SS bearing ball from the bearing shop and replace them.

I'm going out on the snake oil limb here, but I have never experienced any kind of corrosion control and prevention like CorrsionX.  Learned about it from a US Coast Guard Senior Chief maintaining deck armament on marine patrol craft at the mouth of the Rio Grande. I have been amazed by it.

The "Caig DeOxit®" of corrosion product:

https://www.corrosionx.com/collections/corrosion-prevention-control

corrosionx-91002_1024x1024_crop_center.p

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Lucky Phil said:

But are they "elegant"?

Ciao

They are certainly more elegant and functional than the stock Suzuki mirrors.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, LowRyter said:

Well, they work and aren't are as "elegant-challenged" as Docc's.  But to Docc's defense, he needs good mirrors. 

Hey, ya know, there is nothing quite like a morning climb on the foggy western slope of the Cherohala Skyway toward North Carolina, digging on the Sport's thrum when, suddenly-with-no-warning, four (4!!!!) rather lightly muffled V11 come ROARING past! :o-:o..:o....:o

It was like being eaten by fire breathing dragons and strafed by a squadron of P-51 Mustangs all at once. 

I still tremble a bit at the surprise and delight . . . :grin:

5 minutes ago, docc said:

Hey, ya know, there is nothing like climbing the foggy western slope of the Cherohala Skyway toward North Carolina, digging on the Sport's thrum when, suddenly-with-no-warning, four (4!!!!) rather lightly muffled V11 come ROARING past! It was like being eaten by fire breathing dragons and strafed by a squadron of P51 Mustangs all at once. 

I still tremble a bit at the surprise and delight . . . :grin:

I did edit my post.  But yeah, being the "flat lander", I had a bit between my teeth to catch those Tennessee boys that were making a break.  And yeah, I didn't get past you for two (or ten) miles.   Despite being pretty stupid of me since the sun and shadows were near blinding me.   

You're good sport and have a great sense of humor (as I intended).

(Next drink is on me)

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, LowRyter said:

I did edit my post.  But yeah, being the "flat lander", I had a bit between my teeth to catch those Tennessee boys that were making a break.  And yeah, I didn't get past you for two (or ten) miles.   Despite being pretty stupid of me since the sun and shadows were near blinding me.   

You're good sport and have a great sense of humor (as I intended).

(Next drink is on me)

That's funny, man. I know those guys and when I saw you tag onto them, I thought, "Sheeee-it!" (We really do say it like that when we're up in the mountains. Inside our helmet where no one can actually hear. :P)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, docc said:

That's funny, man. I know those guys and when I saw you tag onto them, I thought, "Sheeee-it!" (We really do say it like that when we're up in the mountains. Inside our helmet where no one can actually hear. :P)

Well "shhheeee-it".   But I'm not buying more drinks. 

(Guzzi content)

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, LowRyter said:

(Next drink is on me)

Got my chit, right there!

But I'll be buying you one right back! :bier:

• Like 1

Y'all boys are good *sports*! :thumbsup:

Thanks for tolerating my mirror spoof. ;)

Here is my actual set-up (early CRG barends with complicated machined attachment to the factory Sport clip-on weights):

ba75c93d-27bb-4bbb-b017-d96d19ff2f69.jpg

Yeah, it's wide, but its low.  Worthy of a proper Blues Bassman. And bogus poet . . . 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, docc said:

It took me a long time to appreciate the V11 tail. I could just never see a V7 Sport in it (or in the tank for that matter).

Big revelation when this was explained by the designer in the animaguzzista interview...

Hey Docc,    Tks for linking that post, it made for excellent reading, and with the help of google translate, those linked articles were a treat to read.

You gotta love the passion of some of the Italians when it comes to designing and producing motorcycles, it's rare in this modern bean counting world.

• Like 1

On 6/3/2020 at 4:22 PM, docc said:

I'm going out on the snake oil limb here, but I have never experienced any kind of corrosion control and prevention like CorrsionX.  Learned about it from a US Coast Guard Senior Chief maintaining deck armament on marine patrol craft at the mouth of the Rio Grande. I have been amazed by it.

The "Caig DeOxit®" of corrosion product:

https://www.corrosionx.com/collections/corrosion-prevention-control

Do they sell it in a V11-sized vat for dipping?

• Haha 1