Mirror, mirrors . . .

docc

On 6/4/2020 at 9:22 AM, docc said:

I'm going out on the snake oil limb here, but I have never experienced any kind of corrosion control and prevention like CorrsionX.  Learned about it from a US Coast Guard Senior Chief maintaining deck armament on marine patrol craft at the mouth of the Rio Grande. I have been amazed by it.

The "Caig DeOxit®" of corrosion product:

https://www.corrosionx.com/collections/corrosion-prevention-control

corrosionx-91002_1024x1024_crop_center.p

I'll take your word docc on it's brilliance but the cost over here is extortionate. 

Ciao

• Like 1

On 6/3/2020 at 6:47 PM, docc said:

Y'all boys are good *sports*! :thumbsup:

Thanks for tolerating my mirror spoof. ;)

Here is my actual set-up (early CRG barends with complicated machined attachment to the factory Sport clip-on weights):

ba75c93d-27bb-4bbb-b017-d96d19ff2f69.jpg

Yeah, it's wide, but its low.  Worthy of a proper Blues Bassman. And bogus poet . . . 

Your bike looks great. Bad to the Bone!

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I use CRGs on my Scura. 3" mirrors. They work well. It was tough though to get them from stop spinning. A little silicone and a washer worked pretty well. 

• Like 1

I, for one (maybe the only one) am looking for a rear view camera setup with a single or dual screens atop the gauge cluster. I mean, you're gonna do a head check anyway, but since every car now has a backup camera, why not a rear view camera and no mirrors? I know someone will post a link here… ;)

On 7/22/2020 at 9:44 PM, po18guy said:

I, for one (maybe the only one) am looking for a rear view camera setup with a single or dual screens atop the gauge cluster. I mean, you're gonna do a head check anyway, but since every car now has a backup camera, why not a rear view camera and no mirrors? I know someone will post a link here… ;)

Mirrors are so old fashioned.

3 hours ago, gstallons said:

I am pretty sure I am going NOT gonna get this . and I have squandered a lot of $ .

New tech is very costly. A year or two will make it more affordable, more refined, more practical.  At its current price, it cost more than 6 of my 7 bikes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, po18guy said:

New tech is very costly. A year or two will make it more affordable, more refined, more practical.  At its current price, it cost more than 6 of my 7 bikes.

It is expensive but as you say the costs will come down. It's about time the helmet caught up with technology a little and this stuff looks real world usable. Plus you can ditch the mirrors.

Ciao

4 hours ago, Lucky Phil said:

It is expensive but as you say the costs will come down. It's about time the helmet caught up with technology a little and this stuff looks real world usable. Plus you can ditch the mirrors.

Ciao

Wot? New technology with no bulky, awkward, Luddite, analog, doubly redundant, back-up system? Where is the Moto Guzzi thinking in that? :whistle:

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, gstallons said:

I will stick with the scooter from Quadrophenia 

Heh, I had totally forgotten about the Mods and their mirrors . . .

283989.jpg

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, gstallons said:

Thanks for posting what I wasn't smart enough or remember how to ...

I just search an image, open it, and right click for the action menu (whatever that is actually called), and select Copy Image Location -> paste into the reply. The image remains hosted at the source. One issue is when the source takes the image down, it goes blank here.