Le Mans missed potential extra storage

4corsa

Has anyone else ever wished Guzzi made storage pods in the big empty space on the inside of both fairings? I swear you could get nearly a half gallon of storage on both sides and still have plenty of clearance for the fork rotation.

So just curious if anyone in the past 20 years has made an attempt at having something custom made. I'm imaging how nice it would be to carry my fix a flat kit with air pump on one side, and sunglasses/shield spray and cloth on the other side. All without ruining the beautiful lines of the bike like tank bags do.270d398569e545988d2d00b019061040.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 part of it. When I first picked up my Lemans I tried as much as a strap or pouch to hold gloves when I wasn't riding or even an allen key set. Rookie mistake. 

• 1 month later...

Very rough first prototype. 9" long x 5" tall x 3"to 4.5" wide. Significant storage when you figure x2. Attachment will be a challenge - only one bolt in that area to work with. Thinking plastic reinforced waterproof black nylon (similar construction as the Tekno bags). 12d2d5ba8c41bb6d1b4567fafa7c6232.jpg01d9dbf88ece2ac3e5426a5d73423228.jpg

• Like 2